- Full Time
Lake Shore Cryotronics is an international leader in developing innovative measurement and control solutions, primarily for scientific applications. Our equipment is often used to characterize physical properties of early stage electronic and magnetic materials.
We are looking to add a Product Manager, responsible for leading the efforts to define, develop, launch and grow an important new line of business focused on electronic test and measurement instrumentation.
This role will leverage Lake Shore’s experience and brand equity in scientific measurement solutions to expand its footprint into the general purpose electronic instrumentation market. The successful candidate will be familiar with this market and related applications, bringing insight into customer needs and future expectations.
The Product Manager will develop business cases for growth, mapping existing market landscapes and identifying meaningful opportunities for Lake Shore. This role will further create and manage product line roadmaps to guide new product development programs, and coordinate market launches to ensure impact with sales channels and customers.
Key responsibilities for this newly-created position:
- PRODUCT BUSINESS BUILDER: Presents clear business cases, maps existing market landscapes and identifies meaningful opportunities for Lake Shore. Drives sustainable, profitable growth of the emerging MeasureReady Instruments business by steering related marketing programs and leading new business development activities
- PRODUCT LIFECYCLE MANAGER: Manages product portfolio evolution. Creates and manages product line plans to guide new product development programs. Ensures assigned product lines represent a cohesive and competitive offering.
- PRODUCT POSITIONING EXPERT: Knowledgeable in the capabilities and uses of Lake Shore’s MeasureReady Instruments products, and the advantages over alternatives
- PRODUCT SALES ADVOCATE: Interfaces with sales & sales channels to ensure effective understanding of the features and benefits associates with assigned product lines. Can credibly explain, discuss and compare Lake Shore’s products to customers, sales representatives, and other technical audiences. Develops/delivers technical product training for sales channels as needed
- PRODUCT MARKETING PROGRAMS LEADER: Leads all technical marketing functions for MeasureReady Instruments. Defines messaging for assigned product lines and works with the Marketing Manager and the rest of the marketing team to ensure effective ongoing communication of that messaging. Coordinates market launches to ensure impact with sales channels and customers.
- PRODUCT MARKET VOICE: Maintains regular market contact. Participates in visits to customers, attends trade shows, reads industry publications and papers, and stays current on market trends and needs related to assigned product lines. Stays abreast of competitors and their products and activities to ensure that Lake Shore is always well positioned. Researches companies and technologies that may represent acquisition or new product opportunities.
- PRODUCT ROADMAP KEY INFLUENCER: Provides significant input on customer preferences, competitor activity and emerging new product/market opportunities to enable effective road-mapping of assigned product lines. Recommends new applications and modifications for assigned products to help Lake Shore maintain its leadership position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical/scientific field required
- Advanced degree in a technical field, or MBA, is a plus
- 5-7 years’ experience in product management or business development of a scientific measurement product line preferred
- Work requires originality, initiative and ingenuity to analyze situations of a complex nature, to apply continuous judgment, and to make decisions subject only to senior officer approval
- 25%+ domestic and international travel; willingness to travel on short notice
- Prior experience in the Electronic Test & Measurement market preferred.
Lake Shore Cryotronics is located in Westerville, a northeast suburb of Columbus OH. We are privately held and celebrating our 50thyear in business.
Our family-friendly culture offers a well-balanced blend of challenging work assignments, a focus on health and wellness, social activities, and community outreach.
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package, PTO starts at 17 days annually (pro-rated the first year). We also offer 8 paid holidays, tuition assistance, an on-site exercise facility, a 401(k) and more.
To be considered for this position, please email your cover letter and updated resume to:
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans