Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer - Electronics Packaging
Salary 30K - 40K
I'm recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer who will assume responsibility for the design, development and documentation of mechanical enclosures and housings for circuit boards, sub-systems and systems for the company's range of electronic defence products. Design and development activities will encompass detailed 3D modelling, 2D drawings, GAs for assemblies and manufacturing documentation (including BOMs and assembly instructions) in SolidWorks .
The job holder will be required to work closely with other engineering disciplines, suppliers and manufacturing partners to ensure that mechanical/electrical performance, quality, cost and manufacturability requirements are met.
The job holder must be eligible for UK Security Clearance.
Key Skills and Knowledge Areas
- Mechanical design - 2D & 3D design & modelling (SolidWorks preferred)
- Design For Manufacture (small to medium volumes)
- Design of enclosures/housings for electronic equipment for defence/commercial/industrial applications (CNC and sheet metal)
- Generation of full manufacturing documentation for components (with full geometric dimensioning and tolerancing)
- Generation of Bills of Materials and manufacturing/assembly instructions/drawings for sub-assemblies and complete systems
- Configuration Management, including use of PLM/PDM tools
- Close liaison with PCB design engineers
- Liaison with suppliers and sub-contract manufacturers
- Competent user of MS Office tools
Desirable Skills and Knowledge Areas
- Familiarity with electrical/electronic cables and wiring.
- Thermal simulation and FEA
- Installation of electrical/electronic equipment, grounding
- Design for in-vehicle installation
- Design for environmental compliance such as shock, vibration, Ingress Protection
- Understanding material properties and finishing such as powder-coating, anodising etc.
- Familiarity with the cost impact of manufacturing techniques
- Design for EMC compliance - shielding, gasketting etc.
- Prototyping and Design Verification
What is on offer:
- Completive salary
- 25 days holiday (plus statutory holidays)
- Opportunities for training and professional development both formally and on-the-job
- Contributory salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
Apply for Mechanical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly