Senior Electronics Systems Engineer
The Research and Development Department are looking for a Senior Electronics System Engineer to produce a wide range of bespoke electronics solutions to support the timing, televising and organisation of Formula One events.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To be involved in all aspects of the electronic systems development process, from requirements gathering through to final testing and support.
- Organise and undertake factory and event-based testing, including liaising with multiple departments and teams.
- Produce precise high quality documentation, such as design documentation, test reports etc.
- Analyse test data, draw sound conclusions, produce reports and feed into any necessary design changes.
- Research and quickly learn new technologies, processes, strategies and tools as led by project requirements.
- To operate safely at all times in line with Company health and safety requirements.
- To undertake other duties within your capabilities as your manager may assign to you from time to time.
- Honours degree in an electronics engineering discipline
- Working towards chartered engineering status (desirable)
- Strong background in the engineering domain, to include electronics, embedded and systems
- Experience in electronic systems development/support environment
- Experience with design and development of systems from concept through to testing and deployment
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, being able to tailor information depending on the audience
- Good planning skills, including the ability to prioritise and multi-task effectively
- Experience in at least a few of these areas:
- C, C++ and Python
- Matlab and Simulink
- Analysis Tools (e.g. ATLAS, WinTAX)
- Networking and Serial Protocols (e.g. Ethernet, CAN, ARCNET, RS232, ASI, SDI, SPI, I2C)
- RTOS (e.g. Linux, QNX)
- Digital Signal Processing
- Schematic Capture/PCB Design
- VHDL and FPGA Design
- SysML and UML
- Video and Audio Standards
- A flexible approach
- Highly motivated
- Ability to operate effectively in a high pressured and challenging environment
- Calm, logical approach to problem solving
- A methodical and structured approach to work
- Highly versatile and dynamic individual
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Dynamic, logical thinking to assess and resolve problems efficiently and effectively
- EU driving licence
- Ability to travel internationally extensively