Senior Failure Analysis Engineer
Senior Failure Analysis Engineer
Nordic Semiconductor is the market leader in Bluetooth® Low Energy connectivity, with a growing portfolio of wireless devices, LTE-M and NB-IoT being the latest augmentation. Our SoC products are used by world leading brands in a wide variety of applications, including wireless PC peripherals, gaming, sports and fitness, mobile phone accessories, consumer electronics, toys, healthcare and automation.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are establishing a high-end electrical and physical Failure Analysis Laboratory at our Design Headquarters in Trondheim, Norway. The laboratory will have advanced capabilities in order to rapidly identify root causes of design bugs, field returns or yield detractors.
The primary work objective is to guarantee rapid and high-quality failure analysis results to both internal and external customers, and thus ensure customer satisfaction and Nordic profitability.
We are looking to recruit a talented and experienced Senior Failure Analysis Engineer to a key role in the establishment and operation of the Failure Analysis Laboratory. The successful applicant will have the technical experience and communication skills to develop and operate the laboratory.
You will play a central role in operating the new laboratory and will participate in the selection and benchmarking of tools and methods. This is a unique opportunity to participate in the development of an FA lab from its inception to full operation in a thriving and highly dynamic company.
The role will involve a range of evolving responsibilities, including:
- Establishing the lab and getting it into full and effective operation
- Development of processes for analysis tools and methods, in collaboration with other parts of the Nordic organization such as Test, DFT, etc.
- Operation and use of FA equipment
- Maintenance of FA lab tools and equipment to ensure reliable and consistent operation
- Producing written documentation, including analysis procedures and failure analysis eports, which are valuable for internal stakeholders as well as customers and suppliers
- Mentoring and coaching team members in their analysis work and use of the lab equipment
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Masters Degree or PhD in a relevant area, preferably Physics, Materials Science or Semiconductors
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on utilization of key failure analysis methods and tools in the semiconductor industry. In particular, use of:
- FIB for sample preparation and/or circuit edit
- Dynamic Fault Isolation techniques
- Experience as a successful team leader or mentor/coach for team members
- Fluent English language skills (written and oral)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, enabling effective team work and problem-solving across the Nordic organization
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage shifting priorities in a dynamic work environment
DESIRABLE EDUCATION EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- In-depth knowledge and experience of wafer manufacturing
- Experience of DOE
- Experience of producing effective written documentation, including analysis procedures
- Competitive salary with bonus plan
- Insurance and pension plan
- 5 weeks´ annual paid vacation (following one year´s service)
- Flexible working hours
- Family-friendly policies
- Employees’ sports and social club, multiple social activities throughout the year
- Relocation costs covered - for international moves to Norway, relocation assistance from our partner company expat Mid-Norway (www.expatmidnorway.com)
ABOUT NORDIC SEMICONDUCTOR
Nordic Semiconductor specializes in ultra-low power wireless communication supporting Bluetooth low energy, Bluetooth Mesh, ANT+, 2.4GHz, IEEE 802.15.4, Thread, Zigbee and LTE-M/NB-IoT. The company’s award-winning and highly flexible SoCs are employed by some of the world’s leading brands in a variety of IoT applications like beacons, smart homes, wearables, as well as wireless keyboards and mice, game controllers, sports equipment, toys and medical equipment.
Nordic’s development tools provide developers with an ideal starting point and ready-built design framework to accelerate development of IoT products. Its software architecture features a unique and powerful separation between protocol stack and user application code providing application developers maximum flexibility, ease-of-development, and code safety. High quality documentation and firmware are available to download on www.nordicsemi.com.
Ask questions, share info and be inspired on https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/questions/
Working for Nordic Semiconductor, you will be challenged and supported. Our teams enjoy a professional, informal working environment and we value and encourage continuous development of skills and expertise to the very highest levels, through in-house opportunities and external training. A close-knit, highly-skilled, international work-force, we are proud of our Norwegian heritage, world-leading innovation and professional excellence.
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Nordic Semiconductor´s R&D Headquarters are in the city of Trondheim, situated on the Trondheim Fjord in Mid-Norway. Once the capital of Norway, it was founded in 997 A.D. and has long history and an exciting future. This vibrant city is expanding fast, with a current population of around 200,000. It has embraced the technology sector and is home to start-ups, SMEs, large businesses (including a number of Semiconductor companies), as well as established, large-scale organisations such as SINTEF (the largest independent research institute in Scandinavia), the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), and the University Hospital for Mid-Norway. The city has an excellent public transport network and is well-connected internationally, Trondheim Airport being only 40 minutes from the city centre. Trondheim is surrounded by sea and mountains, allowing the inhabitants easy access from city-life to nature – the perfect environment for contemplation and cutting-edge innovation.
For more information, contact Ola Bostrom: Mobile: +47 47 45 25 66 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated confidentially
Apply for Senior Failure Analysis Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly