Senior MMIC Design Engineer
Senior MMIC Design Engineer Thames Valley - UK
£65k-£75k depending on experience
An opportunity exists to join an expert team working in the area of MMIC Design for high-performance integrated RF solutions for next generation wireless communications including 5G!
In this role you will be working alongside experienced design engineers to develop high-performance RF/MMICs ranging from 2 to 60Ghz. The work will include concept and feasibility studies, design and development of RF/MMIC circuit blocks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and Evaluation including: Schematic Capture, IC layout, Simulation, Package Analysis, Evaluation Board Design and Design Validation.
- Documentation of product and design information
- Characterisation; define and analyse data
- Project Management
Industry degree qualified the successful MMIC Designer will have a minimum of 5 years experience in either RF IC Design or MMIC Design and will have experience in some or all of the following;
- Transistor level IC design and layout in bulk CMOS, SOI or SiGe processes.
- S parameter design and measurement methods and Matching techniques.
- Design experience in different technologies GaAs, GaN, SiGe with experience in GaAs essential.
- RF and MMIC design - RF switches, power amplifiers, LNA, mixers, couplers, combiners.
- Knowledge of IC fabrication and how this impacts circuit performance.
- Knowledge of basic Analog Bias and control circuits and their impact on overall RF system.
- Analog & RF IC layout skills.
Experience in the following is desired:
- Knowledge of Power Amplifiers, LNAs, Active Mixers, Couplers and Combiners
- Software tools: Virtuoso, Cadence Spectre, Keysight ADS, HFSS, Momentum
- RF system design.
- EM (Electromagnetic) modelling experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is motivated to work in a growing an dynamic team where they can directly influence the success of a dynamic and growing business.
Contact Leon today to find out more and apply!