SC Liaison/ATE Test Development Engineer
SC Liaison/ATE Test Development Engineer
Nordic Semiconductor is the market leader in Bluetooth® Low Energy connectivity, with a growing portfolio of wireless devices, LTE-M and NB-IoT being the latest augmentation. Our SoC products are used by world leading brands in a wide variety of applications, including wireless PC peripherals, gaming, sports and fitness, mobile phone accessories, consumer electronics, toys, healthcare and automation.
ABOUT THE JOB
Nordic Semiconductor´s R&D capacity is expanding. We are looking to recruit a talented and dynamic SC Liaison/ATE Test Development Engineer to the Test and Verification Group (Prototype Verification Laboratory) with the technical experience and communication skills to help develop and grow our portfolio.
The R&D Test and Verification Group is responsible for the verification and validation activities for design projects and products. The team consists of both SW/FW and HW verification specialists (most with a design background), all of whom are integral to the development of ideas and decisions. The verification process is an intrinsic part of the development cycle, with verification engineers taking an active part in all stages of bringing a product to market.
The successful candidate will work with development projects for advanced microchip platforms optimized for ultra-low power radio applications. Driving the post-silicon product verification process, you will ensure both functional correctness and adherence to key performance metrics.
You will act as an intermediary between R&D and the Supply Chain Department and will be responsible for development of methodologies and tools facilitating an efficient transfer from design to manufacture. This includes development of test solutions (both hardware and software) for R&D and/or QA initiatives, and contribution to the improvement of HW design testability.
You will be part of a specialized, multi-disciplinary team of highly motivated verification engineers, contributing to the development of the next generation of Nordic Semiconductor devices. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the planning and execution of test and verification activities, starting with initial specification for product concept and architecture design through the entire development cycle to product release.
The job involves a range of activities. On a regular basis, your responsibilities include:
- Development and implementation of test cases
- Design test methodology for proof of concept (feasibility for production)
- ATE prototype development and support for production (eg. test time reduction initiatives, return material verification, generation of software libraries)
- Benchmarking of next generation ATE
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- MSc in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar, or BSc with relevant work experience
- Proven experience (minimum 3 years) in Automated Test Equipment (ATE) Test Development in high-volume manufacturing, preferably with practical knowledge of System-on-Chip, VLSI, Bluetooth, WIFI, and LTE testing
- Strong programming background in low-level and script-based languages, for example, C, C++, Python, Perl, LabView
- Proven track record in high frequency, mixed-signal, digital and analog test development and execution
- Excellent analytical skills and experience with debugging complex systems
- Good communication skills
- Good English language skills (written and oral)
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Experience in the following areas would be beneficial:
- Transceiver architectures
- Digital system architectures
- Integrated circuit design and development
- Hardware design and development
- Competitive salary with bonus plan
- Insurance and pension plan
- 5 weeks´ annual paid vacation (following one year´s service)
- Flexible working hours
- Family friendly policies
- Employees’ sports and social club, multiple social activities throughout the year
- Relocation costs covered - for international moves to Norway, relocation assistance from our partner company expat Mid-Norway (www.expatmidnorway.com)
ABOUT NORDIC SEMICONDUCTOR
Nordic Semiconductor specializes in ultra-low power wireless communication supporting Bluetooth low energy, Bluetooth Mesh, ANT+, 2.4GHz, IEEE 802.15.4, Thread, Zigbee and LTE-M/NB-IoT. The company’s award-winning and highly flexible SoCs are employed by some of the world’s leading brands in a variety of IoT applications like beacons, smart homes, wearables, as well as wireless keyboards and mice, game controllers, sports equipment, toys and medical equipment.
Nordic’s development tools provide developers with an ideal starting point and ready-built design framework to accelerate development of IoT products. Its software architecture features a unique and powerful separation between protocol stack and user application code providing application developers maximum flexibility, ease-of-development, and code safety. High quality documentation and firmware are available to download on www.nordicsemi.com.
Ask questions, share info and be inspired on https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/questions/
Working for Nordic Semiconductor, you will be challenged and supported. Our teams enjoy a professional, informal working environment and we value and encourage continuous development of skills and expertise to the very highest levels, through in-house opportunities and external training. A close-knit, highly-skilled, international work-force, we are proud of our Norwegian heritage, world-leading innovation and professional excellence.
LOCATION: Trondheim, Norway
Nordic Semiconductor´s R&D Headquarters are in the city of Trondheim, situated on the Trondheim Fjord in Mid-Norway. Once the capital of Norway, it was founded in 997 A.D. and has long history and an exciting future. This vibrant city is expanding fast, with a current population of around 200,000. It has embraced the technology sector and is home to start-ups, SMEs, large businesses (including a number of Semiconductor companies), as well as established large-scale organisations such as SINTEF (the largest independent research institute in Scandinavia), the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), the University Hospital for Mid-Norway. The city has an excellent public transport network and is well-connected internationally, Trondheim Airport being only 40 minutes from the city centre. Trondheim is surrounded by sea and mountains, allowing the inhabitants easy access from city-life to nature – the perfect environment for contemplation and cutting-edge innovation.
For more information, contact Frank Karlsen: Mobile: +47 46 62 24 90 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated confidentially
Apply for SC Liaison/ATE Test Development Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly