12 month contract
South East England
£35 - £42 depending on experience
IC Resources are working with a market leading Nuclear business based in the South East of England to find a Project Engineer for an initial period of 12 months.
Key responsibilities of the role:
* Support the Project Manager in the preparation of Project Management documentation to
* Define and control the setting up of the project
* Manage and control the delivery phase
* To record and close out actions from the various delivery management meetings
* Ensuring that all work is delivered in accordance with the Project Procedures
* Support the PM in the preparation of Project Management templates and procedures
* Liaison with the delivery team and preparation of the Monthly Report
* Prepare Agenda and Minutes for project meetings
* Progress closure of actions to ensure minimum ongoing actions at meetings
* Co-ordination of preparation of Internal Early Warning Notices (IEWN's) and supporting information
* Performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more-diverse project.
* Prepares, or directs preparation and modification of, reports, specifications, drawings, plans, schedules, environmental impact studies etc.
* Follow company QMS standards and procedures while delivering projects and ensure others follow them in the production of all deliverables.
* Ensure coordination with and between all engineering and related disciplines to produce integrated engineering deliverables
* Monitor and report on the progress and financial performance of the works including the application of KPIs and their analysis
* Safe delivery of project scope and compliance with all SHE requirements
* Ensure project changes are properly recorded by the application of company change control procedure.
* Communicate professionally, effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing
* Ensure the PM/SPM is fully informed of the project status and of any shortfalls or potential shortfalls as they arise or become apparent
* The job requires understanding and application of safety legislation and company safety procedures; IOSH Managing Safely would be desirable.
* There may be a requirement to visit and work in hazardous environments including radiation-controlled areas
* The jobholder will be required to use the appropriate PPE/RPE for the environment
* Frequent travel to Clients, construction sites and suppliers is required, with some longer-term assignments to locations away from the home office possible.
Position of the Project Engineer within the organisation:
* Reports directly to the Project Manager for day to day activities
* Functionally reports to Operations Manager
* Supervises sections of the project team (as defined by the PM) comprising both internal and external contractor resources.
Ideally you will have the following qualifications, skills, experience and attributes…
* 5 years mechanical project engineering experience.
* Engineering, or other technical/science based, degree or HNC/HND level qualification with some experience.
* SC clearance or the ability to achieve this status.
* A full UK driver's license
* Direct and demonstrable experience of involvement in the provision and management of engineering projects in front end design and/or design & build projects.
* Knowledge of planning and project control methods and analysis
* A background gained in a technical environment working for clients from across the industry
* Demonstrable experience in a Project Engineering role in the management and delivery of the design of process / materials handling plants.
* Proven track record within a complex project environment with strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
* Good understanding of project management tools and their appropriate utilisation.
* Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* HNC/HND qualified in an engineering or related subject. Professional recognition by a PM or engineering institution.
* Membership of a professional institution (engineering/project management) and working towards CEng or equivalent
* Involvement in large project teams of multi-discipline engineers
* Engineering or Project Management experience delivering different forms of contract
* Degree qualified in an engineering or related subject. APM introductory certificate (or equivalent)
If you fulfil the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.
Keywords: Project Engineer, contract, South East, reports, delivery, mechanical, performance, SHE