Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Salary up to 50K + great benefits
I'm searching for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer who will be responsible to the Engineering Operations Manager for technical capability of Mechanical design team in Suffolk. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will provide engineering direction and support to the Engineering teams and will also be the technical focal point for both internal and external customers.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will work within a company design and manufacture electronic systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. In this case it will be land based products that would go on a Tanks, Vehicles , army bag packs etc.
As the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experienced in the design of rapid turnaround, medium volume products.
- Experience of using either or both 2D or 3D CAD packages (preferably Autocad & Solidworks).
- Experience of working within a Drawing Office environment
- A broad understanding of medium volume manufacturing processes, materials, treatments and finishes, and their environmental implications
- Experience of designing the mechanical packaging of components for use in harsh environments.
- A proven ability to support change within an organisation
- Hands on experience in an engineering / manufacturing environment
As the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer your main responsibilities will involve
- Technical direction of the mechanical Design team in Suffolk
- Undertake Mechanical Engineering tasks including conceptual and detailed designs, calculations and simulations.
- Support Production Engineering in resolution of design problems
- Technical review and guidance for all programme technical deliverables including proposals and bids for new opportunities.
- Technical review of mechanical designs and drawings
- Continuous improvement of processes and tools; support to corporate change initiatives