Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
1 day left
- Full Time
Senior Mechanical Design/Product Design Engineer
Up to 50K
Working in a small engineering team the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be the sole Mechanical Engineer within this team. You will be expected to project lead product development from concept to manufacture. This role will involve working closely with development teams in UK and abroad, as well as meeting with customers and clients to capture product requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to have a very pivotal and influential role within a small but yet very successful engineering organisation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Equivalent in a related engineering subject area.
- Working experience with 3D CAD (ideally Solidworks).
- Experience in rapid prototyping techniques, driving 3D printers, etc.
- History of thinking out of the box to develop innovative products and Mechanical solutions.
- Experience in product environmental testing and industry testing standards.
- Experience in leading projects from initial requirements capture to production sign off.
- Experience in DFM ( Design For Manufacture ) with plastics (Injection Moulding).
- Also ideally experienced in DFM with a range of metals for product encasements.
You will need to have good communication skills, have good attention to detail and ability to manage and switch between multiple projects.
It would also be highly desirable if you have experience designing products for high volume manufacture but isn't essential. Any experience regarding continuous / process improvements would also be desirable.
This role may involve travel to their manufacturing site in China 1-2 times per year so you should be happy with this arrangement.
Apply for Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly