iOS Mobile Application Developer
iOS Mobile Application Developer
Application deadline 12/08/2018
Nordic Semiconductor is the market leader in Bluetooth® Low Energy connectivity, with a growing portfolio of wireless devices, LTE-M and NB-IoT being the latest augmentation. Our SoC products are used by world leading brands in a wide variety of applications, including wireless PC peripherals, gaming, sports and fitness, mobile phone accessories, consumer electronics, toys, healthcare and automation.
ABOUT THE JOB
Nordic Semiconductor´s R&D capacity is expanding. We are looking to recruit a talented and experienced iOS Mobile Application Developer. The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills and experience, a keen interest in the latest trends in technology, and excellent communication skills to help develop and maintain our portfolio.
The Applications Group develops Reference Designs, Demo Designs and Development Kits (from conception to finished product) using our RF chips. We work with the latest in hardware and software developments, and create state-of-the-art RF applications like wireless mice, keyboards, remote controls and beacons. We work closely with customers and international partners to create the best development tools and reference designs for wireless micro-controllers.
As part of the Applications Group, you will develop our applications for Apple smartphones and tablets. You will focus on the host side (e.g. mobile phones and tablets) of application development for our Bluetooth low energy products. You will develop a wide range of products, from simple Bluetooth applications to complex IoT and Cloud applications, ensuring they are fully documented and supported for the latest mobile devices. These will accompany our Reference- and Demo designs and assist our technical support- and sales teams in their efforts. This is your opportunity to make a difference.
The job involves a range of activities. On a regular basis, your responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining high quality Nordic software products on the iOS platform for our Reference and Demo designs
- Developing new apps and libraries to support upcoming products and technologies
- Providing strong customer support via DevZone, GitHub issues and other channels
- Assisting the technical support team with training, documentation and technical assistance (written and oral)
- Documenting software for non-technical clients
- Maintaining effective working relationships with the SDK and tool development teams
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- MSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar, with proven relevant work experience OR BSc in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar, with proven relevant work experience
- Strong programming skills in Swift and/or Objective-C
- Experience and skilled in Native mobile application development on the iOS platform
- Experience in framework development and working within existing frameworks
- Working experience with source control tools
- Demonstrable documentation and technical report-writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good English language skills (written and oral)
- Software architecture, design, development and testing experience
- Ability to work successfully with customer, integrator and end-customer perspectives in mind
- Ability to drive a number of smaller projects concurrently
- Ability to work independently or as part of a small team, identifying and acquiring necessary assistance from other departments where appropriate
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Working with Bluetooth Low Energy using Core Bluetooth frameworks
- Knowledge of best practice for the software development life-cycle
- UX/UI Design experience (using iOS Human Interface Guidelines)
- Experience in the use of CocoaPods & Carthage
- Experience in test driven development
- Experience of planning, implementing and releasing products based on the Agile SCRUM development process
- Ability to build, test and script Xcode commands from terminal
- Experience working on Android applications
- Competitive salary with bonus plan
- Insurance and pension plan
- 5 weeks´ annual paid vacation (following one year´s service)
- Flexible working hours
- Family friendly policies
- Employees’ sports and social club, multiple social activities throughout the year
- Relocation costs covered - for international moves to Norway, relocation assistance from our partner company expat Mid-Norway (www.expatmidnorway.com)
ABOUT NORDIC SEMICONDUCTOR
Nordic Semiconductor specializes in ultra-low power wireless communication supporting Bluetooth low energy, Bluetooth Mesh, ANT+, 2.4GHz, IEEE 802.15.4, Thread, Zigbee and LTE-M/NB-IoT. The company’s award-winning and highly flexible SoCs are employed by some of the world’s leading brands in a variety of IoT applications like beacons, smart home, wearables, as well as wireless keyboard and mouse, game controllers, sports equipment, toys and medical equipment.
Nordic’s development tools provide developers with an ideal starting point and ready-built design framework to accelerate development of IoT products. Its software architecture features a unique and powerful separation between protocol stack and user application code providing application developers maximum flexibility, ease-of-development, and code safety. High quality documentation and firmware are available to download on www.nordicsemi.com.
Ask questions, share info and be inspired on https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/questions/
Working for Nordic Semiconductor, you will be challenged and supported. Our teams enjoy a professional, informal working environment and we value and encourage continuous development of skills and expertise to the very highest levels, through in-house opportunities and external training. A close-knit, highly-skilled, international work-force, we are proud of our Norwegian heritage, world-leading innovation and professional excellence.
R&D Headquarters: Trondheim, Norway
Nordic Semiconductor´s R&D Headquarters are in the city of Trondheim, situated on the Trondheim Fjord in Mid-Norway. Once the capital of Norway, it was founded in 997 A.D. and has long history and an exciting future. This vibrant city is expanding fast, with a current population of around 200,000. It has embraced the technology sector and is home to start-ups, SMEs, large businesses (including a number of Semiconductor companies), as well as established large-scale organisations such as SINTEF (the largest independent research institute in Scandinavia), the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), the University Hospital for Mid-Norway. The city has an excellent public transport network and is well-connected internationally, Trondheim Airport being only 40 minutes from the city centre. Trondheim is surrounded by sea and mountains, allowing the inhabitants easy access from city-life to nature – the perfect environment for contemplation and cutting-edge innovation.
LOCATIONS: Trondheim, Oslo (Norway), Krakow (Poland) or Oulu (Finland)
For more information, contact Mostafa Berg, Phone: +47 73 10 41 95 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated confidentially