MOCVD Growth Engineer
MOCVD Growth Specialist - SW UK
Attractive salary plus benefits
Our client is currently searching for a MOCVD Growth specialist to join a team developing LED epilayer structure. The Engineer will be responsible for day to day operation of the MOCVD tools and development of the LED on Silicon (Si) growth process.
Main Responsibilities include:
* Working as part of the MOCVD growth team to develop the LED on 6" Silicon growth
process in order to improve crystal quality and LED performance
* Day to day operation of the MOCVD tool including writing recipes, monitoring SPC data and control of the process.
* Working in conjunction with the relevant engineering teams such as Process Engineering and Equipment Tool owners, Characterization and Test, and Shift Engineering to achieve successful outcomes.
* Improvement of wafer uniformity and LED yield to increase the cost effectiveness of the process, including working along side the equipment manufacture to implement hardware modifications.
Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience
* At least two years LED Epitaxy process development experience in a commercial environment
* A good understanding of the engineering challenges relating to III/V epitaxial growth for the manufacture and development of HBLEDs
* A good understanding of MOCVD theory and safety considerations
* Experience within MOCVD reactor design, new hardware qualification and development is essential
* Prior experience of growth on 6 inch GaN on Silicon would be highly desirable
* Good technical knowledge of the emerging solid state lighting market, supply chain and relevant international standards
* Experience in working in multi-disciplinary project teams across multiple locations
* Bachelors (required) or higher degree (preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Optical engineering, Physics, Materials Science or a related subject
Key skills: MOCVD, LED, Light Emitting Diode, growth, process, III-V, epitaxy, engineer, manufacturing, UK, jobs