Senior Embedded Systems Developer
Senior Embedded Systems Developer
Nordic Semiconductor is the market leader in Bluetooth® Low Energy connectivity, with a growing portfolio of wireless devices, LTE-M and NB-IoT being the latest augmentation. Our SoC products are used by world leading brands in a wide variety of applications, including wireless PC peripherals, gaming, sports and fitness, mobile phone accessories, consumer electronics, toys, healthcare and automation.
ABOUT THE JOB
Nordic Semiconductor´s R&D capacity is expanding. We are looking to recruit talented and dynamic Senior Embedded Systems Developers to our Hardware Functional Verification Team. We are an international team of exceptional engineers from diverse engineering design and development backgrounds, working to develop and grow Nordic Semiconductor´s portfolio.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to be among the first engineers in the company to develop firmware for pre-silicon FGPAs and prototype ASICs. You will expose and communicate faults in product prototypes in order for them to be continuously refined to their final version. You will cooperate with other teams within the company during all the lifetime stages of our world-class MCU devices, from initial specification, prototype design, to product release and beyond. Your work within the wider Test and Verification Group will influence the design and quality of our products and you will contribute to the success of the company.
As a Senior Embedded Systems Developer you will take initiative for proposing and implementing improvements and enhancements in all our infrastructure areas. Furthermore, you will identify possibilities for innovation in our team as Nordic Semiconductor expands into new IoT areas.
If you want to be a key contributor in R&D at Nordic Semiconductor, and if you fulfil the following criteria, then we look forward to hearing from you!
The job involves a range of activities. On a regular basis, your responsibilities include:
- Analysing new hardware features from the product specification
- Developing Embedded C code to use on new hardware features in order to refine prototype devices
- Designing and developing the team’s own infrastructure systems
- Maintaining a fully automated build-and-test system in Python
- Designing higher-level hardware & electronic boards
- Creating RF verification configurations
- Extending our software framework
- Managing your own time and organising your tasks to meet the project´s requirements
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Master of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar engineering programme with relevant work experience OR Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar engineering programme with relevant work experience
- Several years of proficiency in low-level, bare metal, embedded C programming
- Good experience with high level electronic design, development and schematic diagrams
- In-depth knowledge of Git, build systems, GNU binutils, GDB, and other components of the GCC toolchain
- Proficiency in using all of the above from the Linux command line
- Strong analytical and innovative problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent English language (written and oral)
DESIRABLE EDUCATION EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Experience in using any of the following:
- Python, Bash, Docker, SCons, ISTQB, Jenkins, Gerrit, Bamboo, ARM Cortex Architecture, Embedded Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, Gcov, Valgrind, Altium Designer, Eagle, OrCAD, Proteus
- Competitive salary with bonus plan
- Insurance and pension plan
- 5 weeks´ annual paid vacation (following one year´s service)
- Flexible working hours
- Family friendly policies
- Employees’ sports and social club, multiple social activities throughout the year
- Relocation costs covered - for international moves to Norway, relocation assistance from our partner company expat Mid-Norway (www.expatmidnorway.com)
ABOUT NORDIC SEMICONDUCTOR
Nordic Semiconductor specializes in ultra-low power wireless communication supporting Bluetooth low energy, Bluetooth Mesh, ANT+, 2.4GHz, IEEE 802.15.4, Thread, Zigbee and LTE-M/NB-IoT. The company’s award-winning and highly flexible SoCs are employed by some of the world’s leading brands in a variety of IoT applications like beacons, smart home, wearables, as well as wireless keyboard and mouse, game controllers, sports equipment, toys and medical equipment.
Nordic’s development tools provide developers with an ideal starting point and ready-built design framework to accelerate development of IoT products. Its software architecture features a unique and powerful separation between protocol stack and user application code providing application developers maximum flexibility, ease-of-development, and code safety. High quality documentation and firmware are available to download on www.nordicsemi.com
Ask questions, share info and be inspired on https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/questions/
Working for Nordic Semiconductor, you will be challenged and supported. Our teams enjoy a professional, informal working environment and we value and encourage continuous development of skills and expertise to the very highest levels, through in-house opportunities and external training. A close-knit, highly-skilled, international work-force, we are proud of our Norwegian heritage, world-leading innovation and professional excellence.
LOCATION: TRONDHEIM – NORWAY
Nordic Semiconductor´s R&D Headquarters are in the city of Trondheim, situated on the Trondheim Fjord in Mid-Norway. Once the capital of Norway, Trondheim was founded in 997 A.D. and has long history and an exciting future. This vibrant city is expanding fast, with a current population of around 200,000. It has embraced the technology sector and is home to start-ups, SMEs, large businesses (including a number of Semiconductor companies), as well as established large-scale organisations such as SINTEF (the largest independent research institute in Scandinavia), the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) and the University Hospital for Mid-Norway. This compact city is easy and safe to navigate on foot or by bike, and boasts a superb public transport system. Trondheim is surrounded by sea and mountains, allowing the inhabitants easy access from city-life to nature – the perfect environment for contemplation and cutting-edge innovation.
For more information, contact Vassilis Papanikolaou: Mobile: +47 98 81 36 95 or
All applications will be treated confidentially
Apply for Senior Embedded Systems Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly