Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - (NPD)
40K - 50K
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be part of a team that designs and develops leading edge, hand held, premium consumer products, on time, cost and in-line with product and compliance requirements.
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Concept generation and prototyping
* Work closely with the industrial design group to optimise initial 3D concepts
* Generate technical solutions, concepts and ideals through a detailed understanding of manufacturing processes to help focus and agree design / engineering direction. After objectively critiquing options you shall be able to present a technical solution to peers.
* Shall be able to create product assembly concepts and space models (3D printing, SLA, SLS, CNC etc.) and where relevant optimise component functions via supporting rig developments.
* To have an appreciation of ergonomics and usability of hand held products
* Should be able to demonstrate an understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals.
* A strong awareness of IEC EN 60335 and ensure compliance electrical creepage and clearance criteria are met.
* Develop parts for high volume manufacture, experience gained from working within key commodity groups: plastic injection moulding, die casting, IMD, sheet metal, material coatings and finishing
* To develop tolerance analysis reports including statistical capability analysis.
* Be able to demonstrate a high level of interpretation skills when reviewing mould flow, FEA and tooling GA`s and component DFM / DFA criteria.
* To be responsible for the project 3D database and creation of the 2D drawings
* Able to undertake analytical CAD tasks (Mechanica for example) to optimize component and assembly designs.
* To work individually and alongside other Design Engineers and in some cases supervise a wider team of Design and Project Engineers
* You will be clear, exact and a competent communicator when dealing with internal and external partners and stake holders.
Transfer to manufacture
* To assist in the transfer of final design & manufacturing data to suppliers and manufacturing partners, including PFMEA and production support criteria
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
* Degree educated with at least 5 years' experience working in a Design and technology consultancy or high-end electronic consumer products company.
* Experience of designing components used in high temperature applications would be a benefit.
* Experience working with an Asian supply base would be beneficial
* Must have strong skills and experience with 3D CAD systems and must be able to use both surfacing and solid modeling techniques. Specifically ProEngineer / Creo and Windchill PDM system. (Knowledge of SolidWorks would also be beneficial)
Apply for Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly