Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
€45K - €55K+
I'm searching for a Mechanical Design Engineer for a client in Ireland who are a globally successful, leading antenna development company in a challenging and rewarding role with excellent opportunities for personal development. The Mechanical Engineer will be involved in the design and development of antennas for most of the leading global IoT and Automotive brands, working in a culture that is creative, progressive and innovative
This is a highly visible role and you will be expected to work collaboratively with creative and talented teams of experienced research and development antenna engineers. Ideally you will have already worked in a similar engineering setting and have significant experience of Solidworks and able to create 3D project design models. You will be an experienced engineer who is diligent, ambitious and have excellent communication skills with the ability to plan and execute projects in a timely manner and able to maintain adequate design records to ensure traceability. You will have experience in designing plastic enclosures for electronic products and have the knowledge and experience of using different plastic materials such as ABS, PC, ASA, along with other materials such as rubber, and silicon material. Additionally you should have knowledge and expertise in Insert molding, overmolding and cables and connector assemblies.
* Design of Antenna, housing, structures & their associated parts
* Generation of part models, drawings and Bill Of Materials using Solidworks
* Provide mechanical support to project from scoping of work to production troubleshooting
* Actively Partake in Design for Manufacture and Assembly reviews (DFM, DFA)
* Troubleshoots new products / process working closely with other product development areas
* Gives technical guidance to associated junior Engineers and Assist sales with estimates of scope of work
* Occasional travel to suppliers/customers/ other offices to support mechanical production, customer interaction or training.
* Troubleshoots new product design / process working closely with development team and purchasing
* Preparation of data and drawings for specifications, datasheets, BOMs and assembly instructions
* Coordinate with customer's engineering resources to mitigate integration issues
* Educated to degree level i.e., BEng in Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
* Experience in using different plastic materials such as ABS, PC, ASA and other materials such as rubber, and silicon material.
* Previous experience of insert molding, overmolding and cable and connector assemblies is essential.
* Minimum of 4 /5 years previous experience within a similar engineering designing role
* Tooling/production design experience for injection molding, mold flow simulation is a distinct advantage
* Carry out project design, from initial concept through to detail design, materials and production drawings
* Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
* Computer literate with significant experience of Solid works, AutoCAD
* Exceptional creative design skills
* Ability to help customers with mechanical integration issues