Salary up to £40,000 depending on experience - Recent graduates welcome
- To prepare detailed drawings in 3D for In-house manufacture
- Reporting to the Drawing Office Manager
- Relationships with the Engineering team, contractors, drawing office colleagues, management and personnel, suppliers, end users and sales engineers.
There are 3 main job functions within this role; Design, Project Engineering and BOM's.
- Designing products and components based on in house engineering briefs.
- Reference to appropriate standards.
- Manufacturing processes such as CNC machining, milling, lathing, punch press and laser.
- Preparation of 3D with flat form drawings suitable for manufacture.
- Filing "in vault" drawing management system.
- Preparation of BOM to accompany each drawing generated.
- Generating cost report on punching, pressing, laser, using Radan E2i system to accompany each drawing generated.
- Taking responsibility for specific design and production projects.
- Participation in technical reviews.
- Specifying and sourcing bought in components.
This position offers the opportunity to be apart of a team of 8 design engineers working on a wide range of components, sub assemblies and complete machines. Design engineers are encouraged to pay regular visits to the factory floor in order to interact with production operatives as designed items are being worked on.
Keywords: Malmesbury, South West, Mechanical, Engineering, Machinery, Manufacturing, Agriculture, Solidworks