Software Engineer C# / WPF
Senior Software Engineer C#
Salary is very negotiable for the right skills and experience.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join my Colchester client where you will develop new software in C# WPF / XAML. You will also be involved in developing firmware (C based) to drive the hardware and interface with the high-level application.
You will also work closely with the R&D team, custom engineering, the worldwide applications team and end users to deliver software solutions that meet customer needs.
Duties of the Senior Software Engineer:
* Understand user requirements and plan best approach
* Understand hardware limitations and any possible impact on tests conducted by test systems
* Write software to satisfy the test system's functional requirements
* Developing software test plans and perform first validation
* Document code and provide information for user manuals
* Provide information for code reviews, marketing and presentations
Essential skills and experience required:
* Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Materials Science, Physics or a related Engineering discipline
* Extensive experience developing scientific/engineering applications for Microsoft Windows operating systems
* Experience of coding in C#
* Experience of working with computer controlled electromechanical systems and/or scientific instruments
Desirable skills, but not essential:
* Experience leading software development items
* Prior experience of materials testing
* Knowledge of C/C++
* Experience with servo control systems
* Professional software development experience using Microsoft Visual Studio
* Experience of working in an Agile development environment
If you are an experienced Senior Software Engineer that has been working with C# / WPF / XAML, then get in touch to enquire about this permanent opportunity in Colchester, Essex.