3-6 month contract
Rate negotiable depending on experience
IC Resources are working with an expanding business based in East Anglia to find a Design Engineer for a period of 3-6 months. Responsibilities of the role include:
* Prepare engineering data (drawings, accomplishment instructions, technical and compliance reports, ICA) in accordance with the company's Design Handbook.
* Preparation of BOMs
* Responsible for the delivery of completed modification packages on time and on budget.
* Liaise with customers, suppliers, MROs and the team.
* Undertake all manner of design projects from simple changes to complex STCs.
* Opportunity to work alongside competent and experienced designers and develop own skills.
* To learn and understand other areas of aircraft engineering.
* Represent company on surveys and during on-site installations (UK and overseas
The successful applicant will have:
* 3 years minimum experience within an EASA Part 21 Subpart J Design Organisation.
* In depth knowledge of EASA Part 21J and EASA airworthiness codes (CS 25) , related to cabin interior changes.
* Understand and interpret aircraft constructor's data (aircraft manuals, IPC/AMM/SRM/WDM), drawings, parts lists, reports) for both Airbus and Boeing.
* Have a high sense of pride in their work and strive for continuous improvement.
* Experience with DOA on integrating cabin equipment (galleys, seats, wardrobes, safety equipment, other equipment).
* Experience with writing Flammability reports.
* Fluent in MS Word / Excel and AutoCAD LT (2D).
* Ability to check other people's work for technical accuracy.
* Good project management skills.
* Willingness to learn other aspects of engineering including testing, electrical, systems, structures etc.
If you fulfil the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.