Principal MMIC Design Engineer - Project Leader
Salary: Industry competitive
A very rare and exciting opportunity has just arisen for a Principal RF/MMIC Design Engineer to join a well funded start up company based in South Africa working on wireless communication systems including 5G! An opportunity to work on leading edge technology. This position can be offered a remote working position on 5 days a week or even part time. You will have the opportunity also to travel to the South Africa office which offers fantastic weather with access to wine regions and safari parks.
In this position you will be working on the development of high-performance RF IC and MMICs up to 110 GHz in CMOS, SOI & SiGe BiCMOS technologies and will be involved in concept and feasibility studies, design and develop RF/ MMIC blocks and will also be taking on technical and project leadership responsibilities.
Industry degree qualified the successful MMIC Design engineer will have a minimum of 8 years experience in RF and/or MMIC Design in any or all of the following processes; CMOS (ideal) SOI or SiGe BiCMOS.
Experience is required in some or all of the following:
- RF and MMIC design - RF switches, power amplifiers, LNA, mixers, oscillators, couplers, combiners, circulators.
- S-parameter design, measurement methods and matching techniques.
- Microwave filter design
- Strong RF fundamentals such as impedance matching, distributed systems, noise, bandwidth and stability.
- Strong problem solving and lab debugging skills.
- Knowledge of IC fabrication and how this impacts circuit performance.
- Knowledge of basic Analog bias and control circuits and their impact on the RF system.
- IC Tape-out and measurement experience.
- Strong understanding of cellular RF systems.
The following is highly desired:
- Software tools: Virtuoso, Cadence Spectre, Keysight ADS, HFSS, Momentum, CST.
- OS: Linux, Windows.
- Programming languages: C, C++, C#, python, shell scripting, SKILL.
- Design experience in GaAs.
- Experience in mixed-signal ASIC design.
Excellent communication skills in English is required along with the ability to solve new problems, with a positive attitude and willingness to learn new tools and techniques.
Willingness to travel to the South African design centre is required.
Contact Leon at IC Resources today to find out more