7 days left
- Full Time
Customer Support Centre for Laboratory Diagnostics
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Technical Specialist/Field Service Representative/ Engineer or Biomedical Scientist to join the world’s leading supplier in In-Vitro Diagnostics. Our International Customer Support Centre, responsible for technical and applications customer service for our diagnostic systems, is expanding.
The scope of this role will be to provide technical support to our UK and Ireland customer base for the Roche Professional Diagnostics portfolio of instruments and reagents – including cobas 8000, cobas 6000, e411, c311, pre and post analytics.
Please note that in addition to having a good command of the English language, the ability to provide support to customers from Denmark, Norway, Sweden or South Africa in their local language is highly desirable.
- To support our national and international customers and field employees on the telephone.
- Handle customer enquiries from the acceptance of technical product problems through to case resolution.
- Be the interface between customers, field force and global divisions, and deliver sustainable solutions for complex support cases. In this way, you ensure a results-oriented and first-class service for our customers.
- Assume independent responsibility for new product launches and technical product changeovers for our customers.
- Continuously monitor the process and quality of our services and therefore deliver an important contribution to improving the service quality.
- Conduct customer and employee training in the customer support centre and in the customer laboratory.
- As a specialist, you support our field service representatives on site during complex situations.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point
Your skills, knowledge and experience
- You are an engineer or a technician – either electrical engineering or medical technology - or have a relevant Biomedical Science degree.
- You have several years’ work experience in a medical or technical environment ideally gained in customer care/support or as a laboratory scientist, technician, or medical technical assistant.
- You are familiar with medical analysis systems and quality assurance.
- You are enthused about challenging technologies – the combination of robotics, electrical engineering, fluid systems and medical issues.
- You have in-depth knowledge with regard to the systems and reagents used in laboratory medicine.
- You are fascinated by technical problems and you always present good solutions quickly.
- You enjoy being a competent contact partner for customers and colleagues.
- You distinguish yourself with excellent communication and analytical skills combined with high customer focus, team orientation and self-initiative.
- You will live within commuting distance of Burgess Hill (UK) or you will be willing to relocate and will enjoy working as part of a team within a multi-cultural environment.
In return, we will offer you a competitive salary and benefits package and a first class, industry recognised product training program with continuous professional development.
For more information and to apply please click on the Apply link.
Application closing date: Friday 30th March 2018.
Who we are
Our UK Diagnostics business, headquartered in Burgess Hill, West Sussex, employs approximately 560 highly skilled individuals. We provide the industry’s broadest range of diagnostics and monitoring products & services, spanning all sectors of the market: from small hand held devices used directly by patients or healthcare professionals, to large diagnostic instruments found in hospital laboratories.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.