Based Nr Oxford
Highly competitive salary
My rapidly expanding client based near Oxford and within the Scanning Solutions sector has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Data Engineer looking for their next challenge at the cutting edge of technology. The successful applicant will be tasked with growing a new team focused on database and data management for the Clients platform from conceiving, architecting, implementing and maintaining to involve both short-term as well as long term strategies. You will collaborate with Product, Research and (potentially) customers and will have the opportunity to create and develop database artefacts, data access patterns and performance optimisations whilst maintaining the highest of standards and best practice.
· Experience in Data Architecture, Database Management and distributed deployment in MySQL, PostGres or NoSQL or comparable databases.
· Extensive work experience on performance monitoring, optimisation and reporting
· Agile development - SCRUM/XP etc
· Expertise in scripting, preferably Python
· Proactive, team player who is passionate about the technology
· Leadership skills combined with effective communication and presentation skills
Knowledge of one or more of the following would be very advantageous:
· Computer Vision domain
· Big Data experience
· Work experience in Cloud deployment - AWS, Azure or equivalent
To apply or for more information please contact Seamus Hayes at IC-Resources