Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Rate negotiable depending on experience
IC Resources is working with a highly regarded business to find a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer on a contract basis. The position will involve:
· Seek and share good practice and knowledge locally to continuously improve own practices.
· Working to timescales.
· Work as a contributory engineering team member
· Mechanical design and development using 3D CAD tools (Creo 4).
· Provide technical direction/support on critical business programmes to ensure delivery of mechanical engineering excellence.
· Provide key support to critical technical problem investigations and deliver effective solutions.
· Support and facilitate reviews and sign off release of mechanical designs in accordance with business and industry standards.
· Champion improvements in product manufacturability through effective relationship building and design guidance.
· Build effective cross functional relationships within local site, across business and internationally within group and suppliers.
The successful applicant will :
· Ideally be from an Aerospace or electro-optics background.
· Perform 'hands on' mechanical design and development using 3D CAD software (preferably Creo 4). The ability to create drawings and do 'first-pass' structural analysis to determine if a design is fit for purpose would be an advantage.
· Adhere to standards for mechanical engineering best practice.
· Deliver innovative, optimised engineering solutions.
· Proven record on delivering design solutions against requirements, within budget and timescales.
· Work as part of a multi discipline integrated project team.
If you fulfil the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.
Apply for Senior Mechanical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly