Mechanical Design Engineer
A vacancy has arisen for a permanent Mechanical Engineer within a team based in South Oxford. I'm looking for mechanical engineers with a passion for engineering to join a team delivering packages for projects such as ITER.
My clients expertise has been developed over many years and is backed up by our highly trained and committed workforce who have a wide range of specialist skills and knowledge. They are currently recruiting to deliver live projects and future projects in areas such as:
- ITER & DEMO fusion reactor support.
- Coolant analysis systems.
- Process plants for nuclear applications.
- Nuclear mechanical handling solutions.
- Nuclear reactor decommissioning
- Support to MOD in various areas and projects.
For this role I'm specifically looking for engineers with experience in fusion projects and or using CATIA.
The Mechanical Engineer role is principally a hands-on design based role with a degree of team leadership. Mechanical Engineers are responsible for delivering a package of work within a project. You will have frequent liaison with other disciplines in the design team and within the client. Mechanical engineers are the main interface between senior engineers and hands-on detail design engineers.
For this role I'm looking for Mechanical Engineers in the earlier stages of their career development but with a good number of years delivering engineering design. You might be a good graduate who has completed a few years following a graduate scheme and is now looking for a new challenge or a more experienced engineer that is keen to stay in a 'hands on' design position.
Ideally you will have the following qualifications, skills, experience and attributes…
- A recognised engineering qualification such as HNC / HND / Degree.
- Membership of a relevant Institution (e.g. IMechE; IET; IED)
- >5 Years' experience in the role of design in a nuclear, science or fusion reactor field.
- Good knowledge in CATIA.
- Experience in design for manufacture.
- Good knowledge of detail design and detailed drawing production within a high tech industry environment.
- Ability to working to tight deadlines & a strong team player attitude.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering design solutions.
- Concept through to commissioning experience (full lifecycle).
- Good understanding of Statutory and safety Regulations and their appropriate utilisation.
- Proven track record within a project environment with strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Good customer/client liaison skills and good commercial awareness.
- Demonstrable competence gained in a design delivery position.
- Knowledge of generic mechanical principle such as forces, stresses, materials selection & design principles
- Knowledge of remote handling and robotics
- MSc in a relevant mechanical subject.
- JET/ITER/DEMO knowledge.
- Expertise in the nuclear industry.
- Knowledge of Autocad and Inventor
- Design for manufacture expertise.
- Inspection, Installation, Commissioning experience.
- Management and technical delivery of medium sized design teams in the delivery of scheme / preliminary design packages.
Apply for Mechanical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly