Mechanical Engineering Manager
5 days left
- Full Time
Mechanical Design Manager
60K - 80K
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The Mechanical Engineering UK manager's primary responsibility is the design, development and delivery of the mechanical systems with particular emphasis on "Concept Development". Additional responsibilities include the design, development and delivery of test, measurement and prototype manufacturing equipment to support prototype build and testing. The position will work closely with commercial, research and other functional teams to ensure delivery of objectives.
Key responsibilities for the role include, although are not limited to, the following:
- Technical lead for mechanical concept product engineering from definition, through planning, design, analysis, timing & releasing, prototyping and testing for concept verification signoff.
- Day to day leadership and resource management of the mechanical engineering and UK based prototype manufacturing teams.
- Set short and long term goals for the function.
- Develop and recruit best-in-class talents.
- Ensure a robust product development process is understood, managed and executed according to commitment.
- Support designs for new test processes and equipment as required in UK facilities.
- Provide technical expertise to overseas functions team as required and leadership direction to China based Mechanical Engineering.
- Technical liaison between Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, Quality, Customer Application and Purchasing functions to ensure consistency and quality of design, communication and product.
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
- Engineering or Technical degree
- Post graduate qualification desirable
- Demonstrable experience of delivering a quality, sustainable product, including component, and sub-system project management.
- Practical engineering and product aptitude and understanding.
- Experience in automotive OEM or Tier N Product Engineering functions and/or electrical machines (Beneficial).
- Experience in technical management in a global multicultural environment (Beneficial).
- Practical six sigma knowledge and understanding (Desirable).
Apply for Mechanical Engineering Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly