Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Engineer / Project Manager
€40K - €60K
I have an immediate opening for an engineer with a strong background in mechanical design. The main responsibilities of the selected candidate will consist in antenna product design and development in collaboration with leading OEM and ODM customers.
The successful Mechanical Engineer will be able to take a project from the conceptual stage through to completion, taking into account operational, testing, and production considerations. With a keen eye for problem solving, the Mechanical Engineer will need to understand materials, costs, the importance of time management and deadlines as well as providing sounding solutions to the mechanical design of antenna assemblies.
Everyday activities will include:
* Transforming research ideas into manufacturing drawings with the help of computer aided design programs, preferably SolidWorks.
* Research and assessment of new manufacturing innovations.
* Working together in a team of designers, technicians and possibly other engineering professionals.
* Overseeing quality control and program management on projects.
Project documentation, excellent communication and teamwork will be an integral part of project assignments. A proactive and self-directed management of project deliverables, along with excellent responsiveness towards customers, is essential. Occasional international travel may be required to support customer design-wins.
The following additional qualifications are needed:
* BSc in Mechanical Engineering + >6 year of relevant experience in industry or PhD in Mechanical Engineering + >1 year of relevant experience in industry or Post-Doctoral Research qualification in Mechanical Engineering;
* Ability to work independently and effectively with a fast moving start-up team;
* Good writing and oral communication skills in the main languages used within Antenna Company: English (essential and required), Dutch (desired).