Salary: Negotiable, dependant on experience
We are looking for a highly motivated, engineer to join our MEMS Microphone team based in our state-of-the art facility in Edinburgh, responsible the design and development of bespoke mechanical solutions to support the Engineering teams. You'll work in a fast paced, dynamic and creative environment and quickly become a valued part of our team enabling next generation products.
* Responsible for the design of new mechanical solutions to support internal and external customer requirements.
* Manages subcontractors to deliver multi-disciplinary design solutions.
* Responsible for the validation of solutions upon fabrication.
* Liaises with electrical, acoustic and wider project teams.
* Develops prototype solutions to support electro-acoustic test.
* Interface with internal and external customers to resolve customer related issues.
* Create and deliver solutions to meet project schedules.
Required Skills and Qualifications
* Degree or other higher level qualification in mechanical engineering or other relevant field with relevant experience.
* Is proficient with CAD tools such as Creo or Solidworks to develop new mechanical designs.
* Excellent analytical skills and excellent cognitive abilities combined with a logical approach to problem solving.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Attention to detail when working to tight timescales.
* Demonstrate initiative and deal with constantly evolving priorities and competing demands.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
* Knowledge of audio and/or electro-acoustics.
* Is proficient with Solidworks CAD tools.
* Understanding of electronic circuit design and schematic entry experience.
* Hands on experience with standard electronic bench test equipment (multi-meters, Oscilloscope, Frequency domain signal analysers)
Apply for Mechanical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly