Lead Process Integration Engineer - Semiconductor Manufacturing
Our client is a global leader in the advanced manufacturing of specialist products for leading-edge technology applications and due to expansion, have created a new position for a Lead Process Integration Engineer to join their expanding technology team based in Somerset.
The company is part of a growing US Nasdaq listed multinational company that employs over 1500 people around the world. As a result of 25%+ year on year growth, this newly created Lead Process Integration Engineer role will support the company’s move into a new purpose-built world class advanced manufacturing facility that has been commissioned and is scheduled for completion in 2018.
As Lead Process Integration Engineer, duties will include:
Responsibility for taking ownership as the process leader across all process areas, based on business requirements; developing/implementing process technology initiatives to enable a smooth transition to the new facility for new and existing products.
Working closely with process engineering and production teams, the successful candidate will provide technical leadership across all key semiconductor related technology disciplines - Polishing, cleaning & handling, thin film vacuum PVD coating and thin film metrology
Key responsibilities include:
- Prescribing processing methods
- Measuring and controlling process performance
- Maintaining efficient manufacturing workflow and implementing process improvements
- Developing a deep understanding of process engineering needs, methods and process equipment requirements
- Driving and improving yield throughout the manufacturing process
- Investigate operational problems affecting production – report and recommend solutions
- Defining process parameters and understanding the implication of variables in order to optimise each process to gain best product results - focusing on eliminating defects and reducing cycle times
Experience and Personal Qualities
- Commercial hands-on experience of process development and process control in either a mainstream semiconductor device or related advanced manufacturing environment such as optoelectronics, MEMS, Power, LED etc.
- A solid overview understanding of key semiconductor processes
- Degree level or above in a Science or Electronics Engineering related subject
- Understanding of basic statistics and their application in process engineering, with the ability to make effective decisions as a result of interpreting data
In return, the Lead Process Integration Engineer will receive a salary of £35000 - £47000 per annum, plus many attractive benefits and a relocation package if required.