Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary £40,000 - £45,000
Warwickshire, West Midlands
I am looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join a leading designer and manufacturer of fiber lasers for use in cutting, welding and marking applications in a wide range of industries.
Working as a Mechanical Design Engineer on the development of fibre laser related components, products and systems. The role encompasses a range of tasks from the design of complex optical assemblies to product integration.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Production of concept designs of assemblies and components using 3D CAD through to detailed design and drawings.
· Responsible for mechanical designs for new product development and continuous improvements of our fibre laser products within the CW product development group.
· Responsible for all aspects of mechanical system design, including the integration of optical, thermal and electronic/ electrical system requirements, from design through to manufacture.
· Minimum of 5 years experience within a high-tech precision engineering environment.
· Experience of Solid Works and good IT skills.
· Appreciation of other disciplines' (especially Optical Engineering) impact on Mechanical Design.
· Good working knowledge of MRP and PLM Systems desirable
· Experience of working closely with suppliers at the early stages of development programs.
· Design for assembly and manufacture.
· Be able to transfer concept designs through to full manufacture.
· Graduate in Mechanical Engineering or closely allied discipline (not Product Design) Or Apprentice trained mechanical engineer with a minimum of 10 years design experience
· Experience in relevant mechanical design sectors
o Electronics packaging
o Small precision mechanisms
o Bespoke sheetmetal enclosure deign (not modifying off the shelf enclosures)
· Designing to cost
· Awareness of relevant manufacturing methods - machining and sheetmetal forming
· Awareness of achievable tolerance in manufacturing
· Familiarity of Fiber Optic or Laser based products.
· Experience of designing machined components to tight tolerances
· Good material characteristics knowledge
· Experience of optical assembly design
· Thermal and Fluid Dynamics Analysis experience.
· Bachelor or Master Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or related field