Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
Principal Mechanical Design Engineer - Defence
Salary 45K - 55K
Great opportunity for a Principal Mechanical to join an engineering team in the development of electro-mechanical products mainly for military and aerospace applications.
Working as head of a small team, the prime responsibility will be for the design of electronic enclosures and the creation of configured manufacturing Drawing Sets using Autodesk Inventor Solid Modelling software.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
* At least 5 years experience in electronic packaging.
* Qualified to degree standard in a relevant mechanical engineering course.
* A complete understanding of heat transfer mechanisms in the cooling of electronics.
* Experience in the use of finite element software for thermal and structural analysis.
* Experience in design of jigs for environmental testing, production assembly fixtures and mould tools for encapsulated components.