Senior Quantity Surveyor - Sweden
Senior Quantity Surveyor
We currently have a rare opportunity for an Intermediate or Senior Quantity Surveyor to relocate to Stockholm in Sweden with a well-recognised PQS firm. Our client has enjoyed significant success in the Scandinavian region of late and has built up a strong office consisting of both expat and local QS and PM employees. Typically offering QS and PM solutions to clients across the region (including Denmark, Norway and Sweden), their project portfolio is varied and includes hospitals, commercial offices, hotels, residential, schools and more process-led industries such as manufacturing, pharma, etc.
The role of a Quantity Surveyor is still not truly recognised in the Scandinavian region and tends to be the function of a Project Manager; our client is slowly changing perceptions and the cost management division is experiencing great success. The successful individual will be predominantly involved in pre-contract duties and must have strong estimating and cost reporting skills. Swedish language skills would be a huge advantage but are not essential for this role!
Ideally the successful candidate will have the following:
- Significant experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the UK construction sector.
- MRICS qualified.
- Relevant construction or engineering degree.
- Strong estimating and cost reporting skills.
- Swedish language-skills/national would be an advantage but not essential.
- Confident, personable individual who is comfortable in a consultancy environment.
- Eligible (and a genuine desire!) to work in Scandinavia (i.e. EU national).
Our client will offer a basic salary with full benefits package (Intermediate £40-50k, Senior £50-60k) plus some help with accommodation upon arrival in Stockholm.
This is a full-time position based in the growing Stockholm office; please contact Richard Evans on 01189 881105 for further details or apply now for immediate consideration.