Security Analyst Engineer
Highly competitive salary
Our rapidly expanding Glasgow based client has an urgent requirement for a Security Analyst/Engineer to join their team developing industry leading software protection and whitebox cryptography solutions. The role may be suited to a fairly recent PhD graduate (or well matched BSc/Masters course) or someone with direct industry experience in performing side channel attacks (on hardware or software).
Working within a small, agile team in a collaborative, flexible and creative environment you will have the opportunity to research and develop new attack techniques and relevant countermeasures to pre-empt the ever-changing attacks from software hackers. The role is split about one third on development (tools, analysis techniques), one third on analysis of their solutions, and one third research (new techniques, countermeasures). You will be expected to identify relevant fault and side-channel attacks for the cryptographic primitives and protocols utilised in our client's products, to implement the analysis capability to perform those attacks and to identify and support the implementation of countermeasures to improve the security of their solutions.
- A Degree in an appropriate technical discipline (e.g.Software, Computer Science, Maths). Ph.D. in relevant subject would be preferred.
- C/C++ programming.
- Strong knowledge on common cryptographic primitives and protocols.
- Strong maths and statistical analysis knowledge.
- Understanding of side-channel leakage attacks (specifically SPA/DPA).
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong English language communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience in performing side-channel attacks on cryptographic implementations
- Knowledge of common microcontroller architecture (e.g. ARM)
- Knowledge of Android/Linux system programming
- General software reverse engineering skills
For more information or to apply please contact Seamus Hayes at IC Resources.