Highly competitive salary
My Oxford based client has an urgent requirement for a Communications Engineer who will contribute to the rapid growth of the company while building the teams expertise and skills. The client is focused on the research and development of wireless power transfer and wireless data transfer.
The successful Communications Engineer will undertake the following:
* Implement data channels with specific bandwidth requirements in a metamaterial environment (strongly dispersive media);
* Build communication channels upon already built hardware platforms.
* Design and implementing multiple access and point-to-multipoint channel topologies: in-band (ISM), Bluetooth, or WiFi.
* Design and building hardware for data transceivers.* Evaluate data-transfer performance of product prototypes.
* Evaluate potential data-transfer capabilities of the technology we develop and contributing to achieving these goals.
* Manage relevant sub projects carried out by external contractors (electrical engineering and communications area).
* Degree (MS or PhD.) in Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering, or Physics with suitable experience and expertise.
* Experience in RF communication systems design and implementation (SW and HW).
* Understanding pulse propagation in strongly-dispersive media.
* Proficient use of Matlab and Python and relevant programming languages and tools.
* Proficient use of circuit-design tools: SPICE, Simulink or similar.
* Ability to identify, implement and use open-source codes for circuit simulation, signal processing and network optimisation.
* Experience in electromagnetics.
* Understanding of physics of metamaterials.
* Experience of independently managing a project.
* Experience of cross-disciplinary team work.
* High expertise in using Linux systems.
* Ability to produce scientific and technical reports (written and oral).
For more information or to apply please contact Seamus Hayes