Digital Layout Engineer
Digital Layout Engineer
12 month contract (extendable)
ConSol Partners customer develops next generation RF transceivers, supporting 2G, 3G and 4G (LTE) protocols. Today, we're seeking team players who get things done and share a passion for bringing new wireless technologies to the rapidly growing mobile market. Now is your chance to join the world class engineering team and develop new, world-leading products.
The successful candidate will execute the full flow from synthesis netlist to a GDSII, including the timing, power and physical verification. He/she will work together with the front-end team to get to a timing clean design and work with the chip integration team to have the final design correctly integrated in a higher level of hierarchy.
- Logic synthesis: knowledge of physical synthesis is a big plus.
- Writing, understanding and adapting SDC based timing constraints
- Clock tree synthesis (CTS): optimizing the clock tree is essential and often requires a mix of clock tree synthesis and (partial) manual instantiation of the clock tree for the most sensitive parts.
- Placement and routing
- Structured & hierarchical layout, manual placement and routing.
- static timing analysis (STA) and closure
- Signal integrity (SI) analysis and closure
- IR drop analysis
- power analysis (static and dynamic)
- DRC and LVS sign-off.
- Minimum 8 years' experience
- MS in EE, Computer Engineering, or equivalent field
- Experience with digital hardware: RTL design (VHDL, Verilog), logic optimization, RTL compiler, deep sub-micron.
- Experience with (mainly Cadence) backend tools: Innovus (CTS, CPF, SDC, STA, SI, …), Redhawk, ….
- Prior experience with high speed digital designs is a big plus.
We are a leading consultancy in the niche IT sector. We work with companies ranging from small start-ups to multinational conglomerates on both permanent and freelance positions.
ConSol Partners focus only on niche markets to give unrivalled access to our extensive network of highly skilled candidates so we can delivery only the highest quality to our clients.
Founded in 2008, ConSol Partners are one of the world's leading technology recruitment brands with headquarters in the City of London and international offices in Los Angeles & Boston. ConSol Partners provide permanent and contract recruitment solutions to FTSE & Fortune 500 companies, global brands and start-ups across the internet supply chain of Communications, Cloud and Digital.