Group Leader - CMOS Image Sensor Design Group
Group Leader - CMOS Image Sensor Design Group - IRC243040
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell, Oxfordshire
Salary £47,725 - £53,028 (plus up to £6,000 allowances for exceptional candidates)
The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) is one of Europe’s largest research organisations. We are trusted to support, enable and undertake pioneering projects in an amazing diversity of fields. Through world class facilities and people, we drive ground breaking advances in science and technology.
The STFC Technology Division is based at Harwell in Oxfordshire and provides advanced electronics and engineering solutions in support of both STFC funded activities and other high profile international projects. Our technologies and competencies are world class and our expertise ranges from microelectronic systems through to major engineering structures.
About The Role
This post is to lead the CMOS Sensor Design Group based at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory that delivers customised CMOS Image Sensors into many of today’s challenging scientific applications. The Group achieves this by working with the leading CMOS Image Sensor foundries to optimise the application of their sensing technology and design the necessary in pixel circuitry. For this the Group uses state of the art design tools and test facilities.
To deliver this role we are looking for a team player who will work closely with other Groups in STFC as well as our scientific and industrial customers to drive the Group Strategy, lead new developments and liaise with our semiconductor foundry partners. To do this effectively this person must also have up to date technical knowledge and experience relevant to the team. This includes:
• experience in the specification, detailed design, simulation and layout of low noise, high performance CMOS image sensors
• experience in the design of novel pixel structures using state of the art microelectronics technologies
• experience in the physical device modelling of CMOS image sensor pixels
• the ability to interact constructively with customers, group members and other staff in the Department and wider Laboratory
• the ability to sell and grow the skills of the Group
• the ability to lead and develop the careers of the staff in the Group
The Group operates within our BSI ISO 9001 Quality Management System to ensure the delivery of projects to time, cost and specification.
It is essential that you have a BEng/BSc (first class or 2:1) or higher (e.g. MEng, MSc), in a relevant discipline (e.g. Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Physics, Electronics). In addition you must:
• possess experience of managing and growing successful teams in a project environment
• have demonstrated the ability to specify a sensor to customer requirements in novel applications
• be able to demonstrate problem solving ability and be able to work effectively in a team
• be able to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of basic analogue microelectronic design principles and solid state image sensors with relevant project experience in microelectronics or image sensors
• possess experience in successfully managing high impact design projects to completion, time and budget
An exceptional index linked pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance and a flexible working hour system.
Full details of offered benefits can be found on STFC’s careers pages (http://www.stfccareers.co.uk).
Applicants are required to include a cover letter outlining their suitability for this role. Please also state where you saw this role advertised.
Applications are handled by UK SBS; to apply please visit our job board at http://topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc243040_7609.aspx. Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on +44 (0)1793 867000.
The closing date for applications is 24th November 2017.