RF Systems Engineer
RF Systems Engineer
6-12 month contract (extendable)
ConSol Partners customer develops next generation RF transceivers, supporting 2G, 3G and 4G (LTE) protocols. Today, we're seeking team players who get things done and share a passion for bringing new wireless technologies to the rapidly growing mobile market. Now is your chance to join the world class engineering team and develop new, world-leading products.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for system-level analysis and/or the development of algorithms that are required for the transceiver chip (Tx, Rx or synthesizers).
- You will be responsible for the development of novel architectural solutions including the development of algorithms/models that are required in those architectures, deriving specifications for the different sub-systems in our products, and/or calibration algorithms that are required.
- Preferably have a strong background in DSP algorithms such as interpolation, decimation, FFT, sigma delta, (adaptive) filtering, optimization algorithms, RLS, LMS, Kalman filters etc.
- Knowledge of cellular transceivers and radio control and calibration algorithms at system level are considered a plus.
- During the design phase the successful candidate will have a tight interaction with the RF designers, and include observed non-idealities into the simulation models.
- He/she should be able to analyze the effect of those non-idealities.
- During the measurement campaign the successful candidate should be able to drive the measurements and help debug the system level measurements.
- He/she should be able to analyze the measurement results and compare them to the expected results and based on this suggest improvements to the measurement set-up and scripts.
- After this debugging phase the system engineer should be able to analyze the anomalies between expected and measured results.
- MSEE with several years industrial experience Or relevant and excellent Ph.D., preferably complemented by a few years industry experience.
- Proven track record with silicon measured results
- Some years of relevant experience and seniority level
- Strong algorithmic background (both digital signal processing and optimization fields)
- Matlab coding experience
- Knowledge of wireless transceivers is a plus, especially the behavior of the analog building blocks.
- Good communication skills & team player
We are a leading consultancy in the niche IT sector. We work with companies ranging from small start-ups to multinational conglomerates on both permanent and freelance positions.
ConSol Partners focus only on niche markets to give unrivalled access to our extensive network of highly skilled candidates so we can delivery only the highest quality to our clients.
Founded in 2008, ConSol Partners are one of the world's leading technology recruitment brands with headquarters in the City of London and international offices in Los Angeles & Boston. ConSol Partners provide permanent and contract recruitment solutions to FTSE & Fortune 500 companies, global brands and start-ups across the internet supply chain of Communications, Cloud and Digital.