Experienced Hardware Infrastructure Technician
Experienced Hardware Infrastructure Technician in the Beams Department (BE), Controls Group (CO), Infrastructure Section (IN).
Higher technical diploma in the field of electronics (hardware architectures), or equivalent.
Experience and competencies
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Installation, maintenance & operation of Control systems: embedded systems.
- Data communication buses (serial buses, parallel buses, fieldbuses) and networking.
- Integration and validation of hardware embedded systems based on standardized electronic modules: PCI(e), PXIe, VMEbus, MicroTCA, PLCs.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English or French: ability to draw up technical texts in one of the two languages, as well as ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 29.08.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in radiation areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence.