3 month contract (extendable)
A leading research institute in semiconductors continuously bringing disruptive innovations to different areas which touch our lives, such as health care, sustainable energy, wireless communication, mobility, security, etc.
- Implement and setup experiments to collect in vivo data using different VIS-NIR spectrometers. It will also involve testing different materials and using different measurement methods.
- Implement known algorithms and improvise when needed to derive different markers of interest from above spectral measurements.
- Compare and benchmark results across different measurements and spectrometers.
- Generate suitable data to compare and benchmark our measurements with other existing standards of measurement for the markers under interest.
- Report on feasibility of the test set up, and map strengths and weaknesses of different measurement methods.
- Masters, PhD or Post-doc in Physics, Chemistry, Biomedical, Bioscience or similar with specialization in chemometric, bio-photonics, bioscience, or similar
- Extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of pre-processing and analysis of optical spectroscopic data obtained from chemical and biological systems
- Experience in data analysis involving following aspects - application of chemometric techniques, use of statistical methods, building descriptive and predictive models using techniques such as Partial Least Squared Regression, Artificial Neural Networks, Support Vector Machines, etc.
- Hands-on experience and in-depth understanding of optical spectroscopy, especially VIS-NIR spectroscopy (instrumentation, optics, illumination, measurement setup)
- Advance use of Matlab, Python, R or similar
- Ability to work independently while being part of a team
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills
We are a leading consultancy in the niche IT sector. We work with companies ranging from small start-ups to multinational conglomerates on both permanent and freelance positions.
ConSol Partners focus only on niche markets to give unrivalled access to our extensive network of highly skilled candidates so we can delivery only the highest quality to our clients.
Apply for Bio-Photonics Scientist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly