Field Applications Engineer - Networking
6 days left
- Full Time
About the role
We are looking for an experienced professional with rich and diverse experience of Networking software and hardware to join as an FAE in the ARM Networking Landing Team. In this role you will be responsible for providing high quality technical support to Networking OEM and Telco partners in support of ARM solutions from inception through to production deployments.
This team of networking experts will work closely with ARM silicon vendors, ARM internal teams, OEM and Telco teams to generate and share detailed knowledge on porting Networking applications, system level debugging, and software performance optimizations to enable successful deployments of ARM designs. In this highly visible role you will gain in depth knowledge of ARM's architecture, software, tools and Networking applications to help you achieve your goals and enable partners to achieve significantly improved TCO results and drive mass deployment of ARM solutions in Networking.
What will I be accountable for?
You will be required to quickly acquire a wide and deep knowledge of Networking software protocol stacks, Control and Dataplane run-times, Benchmarking, ARM architecture, SoC designs, software and development tools (compilers, linkers, debuggers and processor models) built around ARM processors. You will spend a significant amount of your time onsite with a customer, working with ARM partners and OEM system vendors to address customer reported issues. You will closely work with ARM software system engineering teams and product engineering groups to share knowledge and expertise of ARM solutions with partners and assist with their development and deployment of ARM based systems demonstrating the following core competencies:
- Provide comprehensive and timely responses to customer's technical enquiries, including emails, telephone / conference calls and/or on-site meetings.
- Provide in-depth technical support to ARM customers, Cloud partners and other ARM partners (including ARM server vendors and software ecosystem partners), including but not limited to: code analysis, bug fix, and optimization for customer reported issues and features on ARM servers.
- Therefore you will be expected to have frequent travel with ~3 days a week onsite with a customer, and also have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Work with ARM internal teams and open-source communities, like Linaro and engage with Cloud partners to support debugging and optimization.
- Gain a clear understanding of customer requirements through onsite support, provide feedback and bring customer server use-cases back to ARM software team, design team and ecosystem partners on potential product improvements & enhancements.
- Be responsible for the generation and review of new product documentation, application notes, frequently asked question lists and user guides. This may include translation for local language support.
- Work with our segment marketing team to accelerate the adoption of ARM based solutions.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Masters or Bachelors' university degree, ideally in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering, although degrees in other areas will be considered if applicant has relevant experience.
- Minimum 3 to 8 years industrial experience, including engagements with open source communities and/or Networking software experience is preferred.
- Professional experience with customer engineering interaction - ideally in a Technical Support, Product Deployment, or Field Application role - is highly desired.
- Good knowledge of Networking system architecture and storage.
- Hands-on experience with software development and debugging.
- Good work experience on open source software development, Bootloader/Linux kernel and BSP development.
- Good understanding of Linux kernel and Networking stacks.
- Experience of working on ARM Processors.
- Experience of interacting with overseas colleagues.
- Knowledge of CPU architecture and microarchitecture.
- Enthusiastic, self-driven with a strong sense of prioritization.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus - Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Collaboration and communication - Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication, and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation - Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development - You take time to drive your own development whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence - You listen to different perspectives and evaluate, persuade, and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises - You demonstrate a can-do attitude, and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you're passionate about what you do.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.