Director of Business Development
The role of ARM's System and Service Providers team is to develop very deep and expansive relationships with companies and communities. Typically, this includes worldwide companies that develop highly influential software and/or platforms that are critical in enabling ecosystems across mobile, internet of things and infrastructure markets. The team leads the business and technical engagements with these companies to ensure that their products are optimized for deployment on ARM devices. The team also has the responsibility for looking for ways to develop potential commercial relationships with the partner companies, either through direct or indirect channels. The team will look for innovative and unique ways to enhance and grow the value chain. Additionally, the team's role includes working with our divisions to define new products, working with our partners to identify and further market opportunities, speaking at industry forums, and creating various marketing materials.
Reporting to the VP of System and Service Providers the Business Development Director has responsibility for the definition, articulation and execution of customized, strategic programs with two network infrastructure partners in Europe. This individual is also seen as an ARM ambassador to current and prospective ecosystem partners. The Business Development Director will own the relationships and business development activities at the partners, develop new business either directly or indirectly with them, and ensure that ARM's engineering and business teams understand the partners' strategies and technology needs/roadmaps.
What will I be accountable for?
- Own the partner relationship and coordinate ARM's activities and interactions with them. Identify the key stakeholders and develop relationships between ARM and the customer at the technical, business and executive levels.
- Develop account plans that deliver benefit to ARM and to the partner in equal measure.
- Work with other stakeholders in the organization and across ARM to increase the awareness of and the value proposition for ARM based technology in additional development groups inside the partner organizations.
- Understand customer requirements, product plans and roadmaps and communicate/advocate those within ARM.
- Develop new business either directly or indirectly with partners.
- Drive mid-to-long term strategic direction for applicable sub-segments, aligning internal product and ecosystem developments.
- Develop new market opportunities for ARM and the ARM partnership.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, engineering or other applicable discipline required.
- Able to learn new and sometimes complex material and identify key takeaway points.
- Able to manage and advance many projects simultaneously and adapt quickly to the unexpected.
- Account Management: Experience in developing and executing account plans.
- Proven Delivery of Results: Solid results orientation as displayed by past achievement in successfully executed marketing or sales initiatives on an international scale in the semiconductor industry
- Creativity: Ability to define new technical concepts and potentially disruptive business strategies to solve technical and business challenges or create new business opportunities
- Analysis: Ability to analyze industry dynamics with a view to developing practical strategies for gaining market share
- Interpersonal Skills: Capable of aligning multiple stakeholders to pursue new strategies and tactical implementation of multi-pronged strategies
- Technical Knowledge: Working knowledge of ARM cores, tools, boards, application's software, and systems
- Industry Knowledge/Experience: Experience in the networking market and knowledge of key concepts in networking technology.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus - Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Collaboration and communication - Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation - Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development - You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence - You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises - You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you're passionate about what you do.