Senior Manager Operator Relations
ARM has an exciting opportunity to join and be part of our Segment Marketing team. This challenging and stimulating role requires you to engage with network operators (Operators) in EMEA. ARM's segment marketing team influences key Operator, OEM and Ecosystem partners, and works with ARM's partners to win key designs.
The critical measurements of the team are based upon driving the mid-to-long term vertical market strategy, creating Operator pull, driving design wins, and working with sales to drive short-term licensing opportunities. In addition, you will be responsible for managing ARM's relationship and engagements with Operators across all segments in EMEA.
This is a fantastic position to shape and influence our key stakeholder relationships, developing and executing on a strategy to drive ARM's engagement with Operators in EMEA.
What will I be accountable for?
- Drive programs with EMEA and Ecosystem partners spanning segments including IoT, networking, data center, home and mobile.
- Developing and executing marketing strategies, from broad based evangelism and marketing communications through to business development projects, to facilitate the adoption of ARM-based products across segments.
- Engaging with partners to identify new market opportunities.
- Generating inbound and outbound marketing materials, including whitepapers, presentations and other marketing collateral.
- Build relationships throughout the ARM ecosystem, from silicon partners, software partners, electronics distributors through to service providers, standards bodies and industry associations in order to achieve results.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- University degree in Computer Science, or a relevant technical subject or equivalent. Ideal candidates will have a business or marketing degree in addition to a technical education.
- Experience working with or for a EMEA Operator/Carrier directly or in an engagement capacity.
- Proven experience in developing and executing upon strategic plans.
- In depth experience in the EMEA Operator/Carrier market.
- Marketing and business development experience in technical markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Wide technology experience from software through hardware.
- Understanding of CPU & GPU technology.
- Understanding of SoC technology.
- Understanding of wireless technology and connectivity.
- Understanding of Operator networks and data centers.
- Knowledge of Operator supply chain and sourcing.
- Experience working with standards bodies and industry associations.
- Commutable distance to both Cambridge and London City.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus - Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Collaboration and communication - Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation - Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development - You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence - You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises - You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you're passionate about what you do.