Technical Lead - Enterprise Open Source Enablement
About the role
Open source software is an essential component of our enterprise server and networking strategies. With growing adoption of the ARM architecture, the demand for software is rapidly increasing. As a Technical Lead in the Enterprise Open Source Enablement team you will be developing and executing strategies to drive ARM's investment in open source and the ongoing maintenance of the ARM relationship with those communities. ARM is a rapidly growing company that has an exciting opportunity for an Open Source Enablement Technical Lead.
What will I be accountable for?
- Develop and execute effective strategies to establish first tier status for the ARM architecture
- Serve as an open source thought leader influencing communities in support of alternate architectures
- Drive self-sustaining programs empowering developers with the information and tools necessary to effectively target ARM based platforms
- Collaborate with ARM stakeholders and partners to gather and prioritize requirements for open source enablement
- Effective communication with all stakeholders via presentations, white papers, blogs, social media and developer channels on behalf of the ARM partnership
- Management of external dependencies, sponsorships and collaborations to achieve ARM's goals
- Travel (up to 25% of time) to engage with communities and remote teams as required
This is a highly visible role within ARM and a great opportunity to act as a key spokesperson for the ARM partnership within the open source community. The Open Source Enablement Tech Lead is expected to have a proven track record of analyzing, developing, testing and delivering open source software for the enterprise space, including a detailed working knowledge of open source development tools, processes, build systems, packaging, continuous integration and test methodologies.
This position will report to the Director of Open Source Enablement and is part of the Enterprise Business Segments Group, which owns the strategy and execution for ARM in the enterprise market.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
A successful candidate will be flexible, with a variety of skills and a commitment to extend the breadth and depth of their knowledge.
- Good university degree (or equivalent), ideally in a numerate subject, although other graduates and self-taught candidates will be considered if they have relevant experience.
- Own the strategies, communication and execution necessary to establish ARM as a first tier architecture within open source communities and projects
- Deep understanding of open source practices, communities and technologies, balancing the internal needs of ARM with those of the community
- Proven track record of developer engagement through hackathons, meetups, blogs and tech talks
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively with other team members, partners and open source communities
- Exceptional analytical and strategic thinking skills to identify areas of focus and prioritization across a diverse set of requirements
- Develop methodologies and metrics to monitor and report on status of developer engagement and ecosystem health
- Produce messaging detailing ARM's open source strategy and progress in support of outbound marketing teams and industry events
- Work closely with architects and technology leads, directly engaging with internal and external software development teams
- Enthusiastic and open-minded with the ability to motivate and inspire people
- Experience of working worldwide with diverse cultures
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken, are essential
- High level understanding of the Enterprise Server and Networking segment software
- Motivation to work unsupervised, but as an integral part of a globally distributed open source enablement team
- Comfortable with the requirement to travel, since at least 25% of this role may involve international travel
- Specific experience in one or more of these open source communities would be an advantage:
- Apache Software Foundation & Big Data
- Storage & Database
- Openstack & Orchestration
- Virtualization & Containers
- Linux Operating Systems
- Languages, Libraries & Tools
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
We are proud to have a set of behaviors that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviors as part of the application process:
- Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others
- Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust
- Actively seeks out and encourage alternative viewpoints and ideas
- Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback
- Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development
- Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results
- Persuades rather than pushes when influencing colleagues
- Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency
- Demonstrates a helpful, can-do attitude
- Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners
- Strives to achieve win-win outcomes for ARM and our customers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.