IoT Developer Evangelist
About the role
ARM technology drives over 90 billion compute devices worldwide spanning every market. We are looking for a Developer Evangelist who combines technical ability and creative flair to inspire developers to build the next wave of IoT innovations with ARM-based technologies. ARM is a collaborative business model - your ultimate goal is to help IoT innovators to succeed.
To do this you will engage with developer community events, meet-ups, and user groups. You will understand their technical challenges and guide those looking to create smart connected products through one-to-one engagements and the creation of web content.
As part of ARM's IoT segment team you will be an advocate for emerging technologies and applications, contributing to ARM product roadmap and marketing strategies, and collaborating with ARM partners and the wider ecosystem.
What will I be accountable for?
- Present ARM IoT technologies to technical audiences from start-ups to major enterprises
- Identify key applications and technology and create proof-of-concepts to address them
- Identify and build relationships with the developer community in person and online
- Evangelize ARM ecosystem to developers on other platforms and improve ease of development
- Create technical content including reference examples, videos & blogs
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Computer Science or EE degree
- At least 4 years' experience in a software development role
- Proven record of engaging and growing a development community·
- Expertise in IoT platforms, devices, connectivity, sensors and cloud
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and visual
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
We are proud to have a set of behaviors that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviors as part of the application process:
- Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others
- Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust
- Actively seeks out and encourages alternative viewpoints and ideas
- Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback
- Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development
- Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results
- Persuades rather than pushes when influencing colleagues
- Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency
- Demonstrates a helpful, can-do attitude
- Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners
- Strives to achieve win-win outcomes for ARM and our customers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.