Security Research Lead
4 days left
- Full Time
About the role
As the industry's leading supplier of microprocessor technology, ARM provides efficient, low-power chip technology making electronic innovations come to life. Our employees contribute to a rich ecosystem by designing and developing CPUs, graphics processors, complex system IP, supporting software development tools, and physical libraries. These contributions enable more than one thousand ARM partners to ship over 15 billion leading-edge ARM-powered processors each year.
Our research group plays a central role in identifying gaps in current technologies and in conducting world-leading research to fill those gaps. We collaborate closely with product development teams and a large network of external researchers in both industry and academia. With a diverse set of skills distributed across the globe, our researchers drive leading-edge innovation in a broad range of areas.
We are currently seeking an experienced researcher to join our Cambridge research effort and lead a small, highly motivated, security team. Our research activities cover a wide range of disciplines in the computing, electronics and software domains. We are seeking individuals with an established track record in computer security who have demonstrated an aptitude for developing original research agendas and executing them successfully. Specifically, we are looking for an individual to work closely with research and product team members to lead research group activity focusing on security and trust models needed by the internet of things and other emerging applications.
What skills experience & qualifications do I need?
MS degree or PhD in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Information Security is preferred
Professional research experience in industry or at world-class academic institution
Essential Skills & Experience
The candidate should have demonstrable experience in developing, executing, and disseminating research projects:
- Developing research project plans and strategies
- Communicating and collaborating with stakeholders
- Managing team members and project resources
The candidate should have strong background in security and analysis skills, specifically in many of the following areas:
Evaluating system security requirements, conducting threat modelling and risk assessment
- Security standards, certifications and testing
- Side channel analysis, fault injection, tamper resistance and DPA immunity
- Intrusion detection and mitigation, malware analysis, and reverse engineering
- Memory protection, isolation, partitioning and virtualisation schemes, control flow integrity schemes
- Cryptography, cryptosystems and security protocols
Formal analysis of security and correctness properties
- Emerging applications such as distributed ledger technology (blockchain) and smart contracts
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus
- Collaboration and communication
- Creativity and innovation
- Team and personal development
- Impact and influence
- Deliver on your promises