CPU Verification Engineer - Contribute to make CPUs bug free!
An important part, if not the most, of CPU development process is verification. Multiple techniques are used to guarantee the correct functioning of processors. They are developed by highly skilled, talented and motivated engineers with a particular bug finding mindset. Interested in being part of the next journey ? Apply now !
The job is based in the ARM Sophia Antipolis design center located on the French Riviera, at the heart of Europe's largest and most dynamic technology park. This exceptional design center has been delivering leading products from the ARM processor family. In this context, we are looking for new talents to work on the next generation CPUs that will appear in the most desirable products over the next decade.
Essential Skills & Experience
- In depth C and C++ (or System Verilog) programming skills
- Strong low level programming skills in assembly and/or low level C
- Appreciation of verification methodology; high motivation to "break" the design and find bugs
- Fluent English.
- Knowledge of CPU micro-architecture concepts (cache, MMU, pipeline,…)
- Knowledge of RTL hardware design flow and methodology
- Able to work using French language.
Education & Qualifications
Two to five years of working experience; preferably graduate from a University or Engineering School, in electronic engineering or computer science, although other science graduates would be considered if they have relevant technical skills.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Delivery of results - You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you're passionate about what you do.
- Partner / customer focus - Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Creativity / innovation - Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Collaboration / communication - Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personal impact / influence - You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team / personal development - You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.