Senior Design Engineer
The CPU team in Sophia-Antipolis has produced some of the company's most successful products with processors designed by this group being shipped in billions of designs in use around the world today. This team has been responsible for developing processors from high-end A-class parts such as the Cortex-A73, latest ARM's first 64 bit processors, through to microcontrollers in the M-class series such as the new Cortex-M23.
We are looking to enhance our technical capability within the Sophia CPU group by recruiting outstanding candidates with strong technical skills.
For this role we are looking for strong individual contributors integrating a small design team focused on a unit within a CPU project through all phases of the design flow. Usually, team accountabilities includes:
- Creating and reviewing design and verification documentation
- Plan and track design tasks to meet the targets at the planned time
ensure the quality of the design work done along with on time delivery
Education & Qualifications
- You will have a good university degree, ideally in electronic engineering or computer science, although other graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Substantial experience of RTL design for complex ASIC products
- Ability to make trade-offs between power, performance and area appropriately to meet the requirements of the product
- Exposure to all stages of the design cycle: initial concept, specification, implementation and testing, documentation and support
- Experience producing specifications and documentation describing complex designs
- Understanding of the fundamentals of computer architecture
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Practical experience of working on microprocessor designs
- Proficiency in scripting languages, e.g. Perl/TCL/Python
- Knowledge of assembly language (preferably ARM), C/C++ and/or hardware verification languages e.g. SystemVerilog, Specman 'e'
- Line management experience
Some team leadership experience, including planning and managing tasks