Procurement Specialist - M&A Integration
ARM is embarking on an exciting new chapter with the recently created M&A Integration Management Office. M&A has become a key part of our strategy to accelerate growth, and expand beyond our core capabilities. As a result of our tremendous progress we are searching for an exceptional candidate to successfully integrate procurement processes, people and systems into ARM following M&A transactions, as part of our Procurement team, and at one of the most innovative companies in the tech industry.
This is a new role in ARM providing an opportunity to help shape our future approach to M&A integration for Procurement across our global business. This is a high-impact role, responsible for driving all aspects of integration relevant to Procurement and working closely with the Corporate Operations Integration Director, other functional M&A integration leads, and the corporate Integration Management Office.
This role provides exposure to senior leadership, and the opportunity to lead and deliver on high-profile programs. This position reports to the Procurement Director within the Corporate Operation organization.
What will I be accountable for?
- Responsible for planning and executing Procurement activities within ARM's M&A integration process for multiple concurrent transactions, enabling maximum value capture from pre-close integration planning through to successful integration of the business into ARM
- Develop post-close integration plans for the Procurement function that support achievement of the strategic benefits and success measures set for the acquisition (including business objectives, timelines, and budgets), and ensure relevant risks are mitigated
- Partner with sponsoring business unit, sales, marketing, engineering, people, IT, finance, customers, and regional teams to deliver the integration objectives for key Procurement processes
- Support in development and execution of M&A Procurement integration playbook
- Drive continuous improvement by incorporating feedback and lessons learned into updated integration processes and tools for application on future acquisitions
- Communicating regularly with other functional integration leads to ensure interdependencies are identified and managed
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Early exposure and experience of class-leading procurement processes
- Effective in dynamic environments, understands and attends to detail (without getting stuck in the weeds), problem solver, enthusiastic, assertive, and hands on
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with key stakeholders and work well in a highly collaborative environment; draw on the expertise across the business and synthesize input from a wide variety of sources is essential
- Strong project management, analytical/numerical and communication skills to facilitate meetings
- Ability to track and follow-up with multiple stakeholders, ensure timely deliverables, and resolve issues and address key decisions
- Ability to work flexible working hours due to global M&A integrations and occasionally maintain extended work hours during critical project times
- Up to 50% travel (domestic and international) as required. Some prolonged international travel may be required to support specific transactions.
- Keep up to date on Procurement best practices, tools and innovations through formal or informal study, reading business and professional publications, networking and participation in professional organizations
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus - Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Collaboration and communication - Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation - Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development - You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence - You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises - You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you're passionate about what you do.