PMO Senior Analyst
What will I be doing?:
One of ARMs core business processes is project management and the PMO is responsible for the organisational approach to project delivery across ARM globally. We work very closely with the project management functions of all engineering groups to ensure they have the necessary capabilities to enable their staff to deliver successful projects.
The PMO at ARM offers a range of services in the areas of Governance, Process, People, Tools and Data & Reporting. Our current roadmap offers opportunities to develop these to ensure the highest levels of efficient project delivery across all ARM projects. Additionally, as ARM evolves as a business, the range of projects it delivers increases and we need to ensure the PMO's service offerings are flexible and scalable enough to evolve with a business that expects the highest levels of project delivery excellence.
As such, the role will support project delivery across ARM today and work with the business to mature our services and evolve our offering to meet their needs. A particular focus of this role is to work with the software community at ARM to drive improvements of our project practices around Agile development. However, you should also expect to be involved with other project disciplines.
Example activities that you could be involved in include: working with ARM's project management community to define, promote, support and reinforce good practice in key project disciplines, managing change across the organisation; helping to improve project and engineering workflows to aid consistent high quality deliveries to ARM's customers; using project data to support good governance and identify areas for improvement.
What key skills are we looking for?:
- Project or Program Management: Practical experience in the role of a project or program manager to enable the establishment of credibility when dealing with the project delivery community at ARM;
- Software development and Agile: knowledge and experience of good practice in Agile project management and software development, with the ability to advise and drive improvements in these across the business
- Project Management Office (PMO): Experience of having worked in, set-up or matured a PMO and therefore an understanding of the work we do and the experience to enable you to have immediate impact;
- Change Management: Experience of having implemented business change within organisations where you may have used methodologies like ADKAR to embed change to deliver benefit realisation;
- Continuous Improvement: The mind-set to challenge the status quo, to use data to backup and substantiate your observations, to propose alternatives and prepare plans that sensitively suggest alternative was of working.
Additionally, we are looking for people who have experience of;
- developing strong, trusting and credible working relationships with stakeholders across the business;
- working collaboratively with stakeholders to deliver change and demonstrate you are prepared to listen and guide in equal measures;
- managing the delivery of the PMO's core processes;
- implementing relevant systems and tools to support the delivery of work within the PMO;
- producing regular analysis of the data developed by the various processes around ARM and report upon impact;
- providing quality assurance reviews and health checks on projects across ARM to ensure work is being undertaken to a sufficiently high standard.
Are you a good fit for the PMO? - Education, Skills & Experience:
- qualified as a PMI PMP or Prince2 Practitioner or equivalent;
- educated to degree level in a business or engineering related subject or equivalent experience in a professional environment;
- demonstrable PMO expertise with experience of working in a PMO;
- ability to work positively with the full range of individuals and groups involved in the PMO;
- necessary seniority to be able to take on the responsibilities required of the role;
- strong leadership and management skills;
- being able to understand the wider objectives of ARM;
- credibility within the project delivery environment and ability to influence others;
- good knowledge and experience of software project methodologies using an Agile approach
- good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring, data analysis, reporting etc, including risk management;
- good knowledge of project and program management approaches;
- good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures;
- ability to find innovative ways of solving or pre-empting problems;
- driven and enthusiastic with a 'can-do' attitude and a strong sense of ownership to get the job done in a practical and pragmatic fashion without upsetting others;
- proven written and oral communications skills and strong interpersonal skills that can be executed credibly to inspire confidence in you and the delivery of the project;
- a strong problem solver with a pragmatic and tenacious attitude to seek out resolutions.