Principal Software Engineer-Computer Vision
Principal software engineer - Computer Vision
About the role
We are looking for people experienced in the field of computer vision and machine learning to join a small team of self-driven engineers investigating and developing state of the art computer vision algorithms and libraries. This would include developing both the specific algorithms and the applications for a range of ARM cores (CPU, GPU and fixed function hardware). The role would involve working with a wide array of hardware and software engineers across ARM, helping to bridge the gap between research teams and product teams.
What you can expect to work on:
Develop state of the art computer vision algorithms running across all ARM IP, building on existing solutions or research where applicableDeveloping complete applications for computer vision problems, including working on or providing feedback to shape computer vision frameworks (be they open source or proprietary)Work with ARM Research to develop and optimise algorithms and neural networks for ARM IPWork with industry groups to shape future standards for computer vision and machine learning
Skills and Experience
- Significant knowledge of computer vision - having developed solutions to complex problems
- Experience with classical image processing and state of the art solutions using neural networks
- Able to deliver presentations and persuade others about the right computer vision solutions
- Clearly defining requirements for other parts of the system
- Experience of optimising for ARM IP or resource constrained systems
- Industry experience of product development
- Good degree in a relevant technical subject
- This position is within a small team so the successful candidate must be able to work well with colleagues and possess good communication skills.
- The candidate must be highly motivated, keen to make a real contribution to the development of our range of IP and software products