Linux Systems Administrator
About the role
We are seeking multiple Linux System Administrators to join the Engineering Platforms team in the Technology Services Group in ARM. You will be supporting primarily RedHat Enterprise and Ubuntu Linux servers across multiple geographical locations in a variety for HPC LSF and internal cloud services.
What will I be accountable for?
- Supporting our large-scale HPC clusters across multiple locations
- Supporting and developing our Puppet configuration management system
- Work closely with our engineering community to support, maintain and set priorities for our compute infrastructure
- Supporting Openstack deployments
- To promote and demonstrate the ARM core beliefs and behaviors
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Experience supporting and delivering;
- RedHat Linux based servers
- HPC clusters
- Monitoring and Metrics of a large-scale Linux estate
- A good understanding of NFS storage, LAN networking and Linux-based services
- You are a team player and have excellent communication skills
- Extensive experience with RedHat and Ubuntu Linux
- Experience with automation tools like Puppet, Ansible, Chef, CFEngine, Foreman
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with shell scripting
- LAN administration - edge and core switches, routers etc.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools
- Enterprise class compute hardware - HP blade chassis, ILO, OA, iDrac, Virtual Connect
- Openstack, VMWare Cloud Director, RHEV or similar experience
- NIS, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, Kerberos, GIT, Gerrit
Nice to Have
- MS Windows
- IBM Platform LSF
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Exposure to ITIL practices
- Azure, Amazon EC2 or similar experience
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus - Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Collaboration and communication - Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation - Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development - You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence - You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises - You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you're passionate about what you do.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.