Principal Memory Design Engineer
5 days left
- Full Time
ARM offers IC designers a wide range of choices from its broad portfolio of Artisan memory products. The Artisan high-performance, high-density, low-power and ultra-low power memories are optimized for each silicon technology. ARM products have been used in circuits running as fast as 3GHz+ and are in production or development at cutting edge semiconductor processes for various foundries and IDMs.
About the role
Our memory development group comprises some of the industry's leading experts in deep submicron circuit design and design for manufacturing (DFM) techniques. This position is a rare opportunity for a digital circuit professional to work with the world's most successful circuit and layout team with exposure to a wide variety of design rules from leading edge foundries.
What will I be accountable for?
Responsibilities would include but are also not limited to:
- Contribute in all parts of Advance Product Memory development flow, starting at design spec
- Understand Memory design and development, analyze memory marginality in advance technology (28nm and beyond)
- Understand and perform circuit design, memory characterization, and related verifications needed for the memories to work seamlessly in CPUs and SOCs
- Experiment with and evaluate new memory architectures and methodologies
- Work with other key designers to continually define, improve and develop memory infrastructure and methods
- Ensure high quality and high performance memory designs with the lowest possible power as needed for ARM CPUs, GPUs, and SOCs.
- Lead small teams of circuit and layout designers throughout the entire memory development process
- Provide mentoring and leadership to other designers on the team
- Define and drive improvements in the memory development infrastructure and flows
- Work with project management to define schedules and highlight risks and issues
- Interact with customers as needed throughout the course of the memory development
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
Essential Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant circuit design experience (for BSEE)
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant circuit design experience (for MSEE)
- Memory circuit design experience (SRAM preferred)
- Circuit/Layout experience with deep submicron technologies (28nm or smaller)
- Fundamental understanding of technology tradeoffs in deep sub-micron design
- Fundamental understanding of Design for Manufacturability (DFM) layout techniques
- Experience in low power circuit techniques
- Experience leading small teams to develop high performance, low power memories
- Experience mentoring other engineers
- Experience defining and driving key methodologies for high performance, low power memory development
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience working with place & route chip design tools
- Experience with layout automation tools as well as physical verification tools like Calibre and Hercules.
- Experience working with DFM tools like Calibre LFD, PrimeYield, etc.
- Experience with other EDA tools such as Design Compiler, IC Compiler, PrimeTime, SoC Encounter, Pacific, Nanosim, Pathmill, Spectre, HSPICE, HSIM, Finesim, etc.
- Programming or scripting experience
- Coding, modifying, or reading DRC/LVS runsets
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
We are proud to have a set of behaviors that differentiate our talent in the marketplace.
These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviors as part of the application process:
- Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others
- Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust
- Actively seeks out and encourage alternative viewpoints and ideas
- Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback
- Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development
- Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results
- Persuades rather than pushes when influencing colleagues
- Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency
- Demonstrates a helpful, can-do attitude
- Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners
- Strives to achieve win-win outcomes for ARM and our customers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.