Senior Graphics Software Engineer
We are expanding the Trondheim graphics software team and are looking for experienced embedded software engineers who have a strong knowledge of 3D/2D graphics along with proven technical skills. This exciting and challenging role involves cooperating with the Media Processing Group in the graphics teams in Europe, Asia, US and customers throughout the world. You will work closely with the engineering team to develop Vulkan and OpenGL ES graphics drivers for the current and the next generation of ARM graphics cores.
Our mission is to be the number one provider of 2D/3D Graphics technology on the planet. If you have a passion for graphics technology and want to shape the future of mobile devices, then we want to hear from yo
Education & Qualifications
* Bachelors, Masters or PhD (computer science or electronics engineering) with good academic record.
Essential Skills & Experience
* Extensive experience of embedded software development for a commercial organization.
* Experience in 2D/3D graphics technology and standards such as Vulkan, OpenGL, OpenGL ES, OpenVG, M3G, Direct3D Mobile, DirectX and EGL.
* Expert knowledge of C/C++.
* Expert knowledge of embedded OS and/or RTOS, including two or more of: embedded Linux, Android, Symbian OS, WinMobile or Windows CE, Nucleus.
* Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills.
* Experience of software optimisation and instrumentation.
* Willingness and ability to contribute to process improvement initiatives.
* Practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
Desirable Skills & Experience
* Experience of embedded operating systems, device drivers, microprocessor and embedded system hardware architectures.
* Experience with embedded software environments.
* ARM architecture knowledge.
* Experience with assembler-level programming and debugging (ARM desirable but not essential).
* Experience with Microsoft Windows and UNIX host environments.
* Previous experience in leading a small Team of engineers.
* Capable of working as a team player or independently.
* Self motivation, flexibility, with strong inter-personal skills.
* Good English communication skills, oral and written.
* Able to work to tight deadlines.
* Willingness to travel occasionally to ARM location in Cambridge and worldwide.